Need help deciding what fuel system I should get.

1sic04cobra

Established Member
So what I have is my 04 cobra with a 4# lower and 2.2kb, 80# injectors probably pushing 18-20lbs of boost and all supporting mods. What I'd like to do is get the proper fuel setup to run gas and e85. What would ya'll recommend for the fuel system? What about the Lethal performance budget return style system would that support both gas and e85? Also with a return system is it necessary to run BAP, and dual fuel pump driver modules? If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If running a return system it eliminates the FPDM and a BAP if your currently using one. Fore also makes a very good return system. What is your ultimate hp goal?

I made the mistake of not upgrading everything right the first time and now I have to go back I and redo some stuff because I plan on running higher boost on e85. Make sure you do it right the first time, unlike me!

1sic04cobra

Established Member
I was looking at fore level1 and lethal performance budget return systems and I see you already have fore level 1 why do you say you now need to upgrade?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was looking at fore level1 and lethal performance budget return systems and I see you already have fore level 1 why do you say you now need to upgrade?

I plan on running e85, my pumps are NOT rated for e85 though many have used them. I will be running them for this year on only 17 psi. But once I crank up the boost to 21 psi the pumps won't be enough and I'll need a bigger feed line. I'm also in the process of getting id1000 injectors.

1sic04cobra

Established Member
Any other suggestions just trying to get everyones opinion. Thanks Bdubbs my ultimate power goal is whatever my lil 2.2 will give me on e85. I plan on leaving there whatever that gives me. To much money to keep upgrading.

cj428mach

Established Member
Go with a fore level 2 setup with either the aem 320 green top pumps or the 465 pumps. Definitely go fore over lethal, fores stuff is top notch.

bigmoose

Established Member
I run my 2.2 on E85 @20#. I have a Fore system that I pieced together. Dual pump hat with AEM 320(50-1200) pumps, fore filter and f2i regulator, fore 8an lines. I'm running stock fuel rails in a deadhead setup.

My car put down 650/580 on E70 tested fuel. My setup runs like a dream with awesome driveability.

Read up on deadhead return fuel system configuration. MalcolmV8 did a great writeup on here.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1030180

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm glad this is brought up, I need a 100% answer on the right way to reconfigure my setup.

cj428mach

Established Member
What is the difference from level 1 and level2?

Bigger feed line, fuel filter, and rails. The level 2 should support most people's hp goals.

I'm running a Fore level 1 upgraded to a level 2 kit. I have mine run in a dead head setup with the AEM 320's (50-1200) pumps, and my car has seen 23 psi with no fuel delivery issues.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

If converting to return setup and planning to run e85, go with the level 2 setup with that 2.2 and either get the AEM 50-1200's or the Walbro 465's. The AEM will support the power with room to grow a little if you want.

Let me know if you are interested, I can set you up with a system and offer whatever support you need.

1sic04cobra

Established Member
If converting to return setup and planning to run e85, go with the level 2 setup with that 2.2 and either get the AEM 50-1200's or the Walbro 465's. The AEM will support the power with room to grow a little if you want.

Let me know if you are interested, I can set you up with a system and offer whatever support you need.

Sent you a pm

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

This is awesome. You are always on top of things when it comes to helping fellow enthusiasts out.

TRBO VNM

This is awesome. You are always on top of things when it comes to helping fellow enthusiasts out.

I do what I can. Try to be available almost 24/7. People texting me up till 10pm at night sometimes and Sundays. LOL I enjoy it. If I don't respond, there is a legitimate reason why (sleep, kids, meetings, under a car). I do forget sometimes as well, but try to make up for it.

And I appreciate the support of everyone on here and other places. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't do it. :beer:

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
When it comes to fuel you can never have enough, especially if you go E85! So do it once and be done with it. Fore Innovations products are superior and greatest quality, and CSS prices on FORE systems cant be beat! :-D

MalcolmV8

Established Member
If running a return system it eliminates the FPDM and a BAP if your currently using one.

You really shouldn't eliminate the FPDM. Yes you can but you should leave it in place so the ECU can still control the pumps. Otherwise you just have a continuous key on situation regardless if the engine is running or you're in a wreck etc. I wrote up a thread on how to keep it, the mods moved that thread into the "how to" section. Take a look.

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
I plan on running e85, my pumps are NOT rated for e85 though many have used them. I will be running them for this year on only 17 psi. But once I crank up the boost to 21 psi the pumps won't be enough and I'll need a bigger feed line. I'm also in the process of getting id1000 injectors.

Nice. Im about to get my tvs put on this weekend then having DB perf tuning it. I went with the Level 3(overkill) system with id1000s, really hope I can push 650whp+

Users who are viewing this thread