Need help, Experts chime in please

94svtford

Think with your dipstick
Established Member
I do realize I only have 17 posts, reason being I mainly use this site for info on our cars and it has been extremely helpful and I'm hoping someone has had this issue and can chime in.

What's weird is I ever had a problem until I installed a strat tune from sct.
My problem is it seems like the fuels cutting out at around 4500. Thought it was weird, so I re installed the factory tune and bam the problems still there,
now I'm baffled, so I thought I might have fried a plug or something, replaced all the plugs with tr5's gapped correctly, runs mint idles mint but there's still a hick up at about 4000-4500. Took the upper intake manifold off,brake cleaned all the oil out cleaned throttle body, took egr valve off cleaned that, cleaned the pcv valve, took her out for a spin and bam the hick up is still there...

I've been hooking up the tuner periodically to check for dtc's I keep getting a p1260 theft immobilizer code.. and of course the p1000 because I haven't really completed a drive cycle trying to figure this problem out... cars got brand new 9mm FRPP wires to... Air filter is also clean. I just changed fuel filter also.. Any help would be appriciated!:rockon:

Last edited:

03bluemach

Established Member
what are your mods >> if its FI you might be blowing spark out .. i would do a fuel pressure test and see what you come up with from there.. mines doing the same thing but at higher rpm's ive got it tore apart right now but im thinking it not enough fuel for me up top ..

94svtford

Think with your dipstick
Established Member
mods consist of,

bbk intake
bassani catted xpipe
flowmaster cat back
sf3 tuner
ngk tr5 plugs gapped at .054
frpp 9mm wires

and thats all motor wise

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
If you never had the problems before the tune, start by removing the tune from the car and seeing if the problem goes away. If it does, you know the tune is bad, if it doesnt, thats one more thing to cross off the list.

94svtford

Think with your dipstick
Established Member
I removed the tune first thing thinking that's what it was, and it still does it, just find it extremely coincidental if you know what I mean.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
So do it fall flat on its face at that RPM or does it just hit a sluggish spot? You have the SCT tuner.. If you have access to a laptop, you can datalog the car and see if its a fuel, spark, air, timing, ect... There are very detailed writeups on SCT's forums..

Last edited:

94svtford

Think with your dipstick
Established Member
more like a sluggish spot, hickup even, doesnt seem to pull as hard as it did in the upper rpm range either "after imrc's are open":shrug: ill do some datalogging and see if that doesnt tell me somthing though.

Users who are viewing this thread