Need help finding a flap sanding wheel

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
I've began working on polishing my exhaust and can't find the Black and Decker flap sanding wheel to get rid of the marks from the mandrel bending process. I did a portion to see how obvious the marks would be and IMO, it kills the look. I've tried at some local Home Depot, Lowe's, Harbor Freight, and Sears stores so far. I've see some recent members who've just completed their projects. Where are you guys getting these flap wheel kits? I'm in the Whittier/La Habra area. I'd order it online if it becomes absolutely necessary but I'm trying to save time since I'd like to get it completed within two weeks during my days off.

This is what I'm referring to:
4022891908_9a7eb419b4_o.jpg

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
@whitedevil95: can you see the mandrel marks though? I thought the finish was ok but I'm just a OCD type of person - LOL!

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
@whitedevil95: can you see the mandrel marks though? I thought the finish was ok but I'm just a OCD type of person - LOL!

Yeah you can just a bit. I'm not as OCD lol. I only found it on amazon, but I figured If it came out shitty then I'd order it and redo it but I was happy with my outcome. If you want to fully get rid of all the mandrel Bend marks u might need the wheel. On mine you'd need to be right in front of it to see it.

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
Yeah you can just a bit. I'm not as OCD lol. I only found it on amazon, but I figured If it came out shitty then I'd order it and redo it but I was happy with my outcome. If you want to fully get rid of all the mandrel Bend marks u might need the wheel. On mine you'd need to be right in front of it to see it.

How did you get rid of the lines at the bends? I used in order 100, 320, 400, 600, 1000, 1500, and 2000. The lines are still there. Did you use the 100 until the lines were gone? I get a descent shine but man this project is harder than expected - LOL!

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
I'm going to order the flap wheel set online. I've tried going to 80 grit and it's still a b!tch to get rid of. I'm getting frustrated and think there's more to it than I'm trying. I know it's a lot of work but this is ridiculous! I might even just find a shop to get it done. I don't have time for this - LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread