Need Help Gauge install!

Reaper6193

Established Member
Ok guys I have a autometer phantom boost gauge and I need some serious help installing this bitch and wires to tap into and anything else I might need to do this install?

Blacksmoke

Established Member
Sounds like you should contact the co for detailed instructions.
You seem to be kinda lost.
Gauge hookup can depend on what type of gauge and what readings you are looking for.

Reaper6193

Established Member
Hey pistolwhip, its the mechanical phantom boost/vac gauge from autometwr serious. I'm installing it in the driver middle air vent over the stereo. And from the looks of it the wires are not nearly long enough to route any were.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
U shouldn't need much to make it work...switched power for back lighting and ground. Route vaccum to lower intake port near intercooler piping..fairly simple. Unless you have a bar /map sensor and its digital its easy.

Reaper6193

Established Member
I thought it wasn't going to be difficult, until I got all the stupid brass connectors and I saw how short the wires are actually. I wanna say there 7in" at most and I'm putting it in my center vent above my stereo. Thoughts?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I thought it wasn't going to be difficult, until I got all the stupid brass connectors and I saw how short the wires are actually. I wanna say there 7in" at most and I'm putting it in my center vent above my stereo. Thoughts?

U need the brass fittings to secure the vaccum hose to gauge...the ferrul slips over the hose and is crushed via brass fittings as u tighten. Extend the wires if there to short. Pretty basic install bud.

Reaper6193

Established Member
Ok then what gauge wire needed to extend it? And what wire/ fuse area to tap the 12v into for backlight?

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
If its has the adjustable back light then you can tap into the dimmer switch wiring for the interior lighting just to the left of the steering wheel. It takes only a few minutes to get the switch out and then use a test light while moving the roller knob up and down to find the wire that adjusts light intensity. If its designed to be always on full brightness then you can just tap a simple 12v source for the lighting.

As for the gauge wire, I think its 18 or 20 gauge wire. Maybe bigger but they should be enough to carry the load.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
you should be able to get a simple "add-a-circuit" that plugs into the fuse box. That way you don't have to splice anything. Just find the fuse for the interior lighting and add the fuse jumper plug or add-a-circuit to that fuse spot.

This is what I'm talking about

Then simply ground the light circuit somewhere under the dash and run you're vacuum line out to the engine bay. The best place to T into the vacuum signal is right under the blower in the front. There's a line there that runs to the fuel rail. T into it and you're done.

Last edited:

Reaper6193

Established Member
Ok thanks big man, it should be done Sat at the latest. Is there other places that I can pick up that piece by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread