Need help. Need everyone's oppinions. Limp mode

impactblue

Established Member
So I just did a roush blower.. I had my tuner do a basic street tune to get me rolling(he is booked on the dyno for a while)

First few days all was good Car felt good. Felt smooth. Decent power

8d44f609ce7c03971d74d30f335d1a2d.jpg

d4338124eb9f12a44c14b46b23ecaada.jpg

I decided I'll paint the throttle body to match and the brakes as well

The throttle body wasn't taken apart. It was all taped up well. Turned out good. Brakes were painted on the car as well and not removed . I'm sorry I'm a ricer I know

So I drive it that day. Everything was cool. The next day I drove about 40 minutes away. Drive was going well and then I slow down to turn into the shop and it hit limp mode. I hit limp mode multiple times on the way home.

I narrowed it down. It hits limp mode when I use the brakes. Vacuum seems to drop and rpms try to raise I'm getting codes p0122 and P0222. I intently think wow I messed up the TB. Swapped it out with a new one. Made no difference at all. I'm searching for vacuum leaks and everything seems perfect

I include the little mods in this post because to be honest I don't know if it's related and better to be transparent. Maybe it will give you guys ideas. I just can't figure it out

Any oppinions or help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay-rod427

Established Member
I think you're on the right track looking for vaccum leaks. maybe a line somewhere has come off. What does your vaccum guage show at idle, and cruising level ground?

impactblue

Established Member
I think you're on the right track looking for vaccum leaks. maybe a line somewhere has come off. What does your vaccum guage show at idle, and cruising level ground?

Almost 28-29ish but if I hit the brakes it lowers and hits limp mode

impactblue

Established Member
I pressurized the system and it hold pressure for a long time. I think I can rule out vacuum leaks

ESVEETEE

Established Member
On my 04 f150 (which is supercharged and using an 11+ GT TB) after having it tuned it would go into limp mode sometimes. My tuner had to adjust some settings for the throttle body. I don't have access to those settings with my PRP. Anyway it's something to inquire about at least.

impactblue

Established Member
So I used the ebrake to slow down and it still hit limp mode. So has nothing to do with the actual brake booster. It's just the inertia of the car coming to a stop that does it. Wtf could possibly cause it

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Both codes are TPS related ( loss of signal) so the first place to look is the extension for the throttle body connector. Probably a bad solder joint.

impactblue

Established Member
Both codes are TPS related ( loss of signal) so the first place to look is the extension for the throttle body connector. Probably a bad solder joint.

It seems to get worse with heat And it's now surging rpm at idle between 750-1000. And feels like it's sputtering while cruising

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Since yours has been converted to the GT500 style TB where the TPS is divorced from the actuator circuitry AND you have already tried another TB, check the wiring going to the TPS sensor. Bad connections have high resistance, high resistance leads to heat, heat leads to melting wiring (like a fuse popping)...

impactblue

Established Member
So I got pretty mad. Just started taking everything appart and going over it all

ab14b8966d29e091eb84696efa954f25.jpg

I found the canister purge valve wires were switched. The blower was used and I copied his wiring exactly I had to cut that plug off and put mine on (the pin tabs were already damaged).

You can see I put the same wires back together on my car. But the wires don't match on the extension.

I drove it last night and today. So far so good . Thanks for pushing me to dig into the wiring because a quick look over wouldn't have been enough for me to spot it

impactblue

Established Member
Well I had memorized the instructions. Only reason I noticed the wires switched I remembered the wires are supposed to match in color

Users who are viewing this thread