Need help picking brake rotors

Sea Pony

Workin'! Woot!
Established Member
Tired of researching this...

Baer, EBC, Power Slot, OEM, Crager, and on and on and on...Sheesh.

my 01 is a daily driver. I am interested in performance and durability for Brakes and Pads. I don't have ANY patience for squeeking brakes.

Can you guys just recommend me some rotors and pads?

THANKS!

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
yes.

OEM brembo blanks from tirerack.

About $120 for the front set, work great, last long enough, and no squeaking issues if you install the pads properly.

I like hawk hps pads, but admit that I get a touch of noise on occasion.

You may want to look at Akebono ceramics for low noise, low dust, and good braking performance.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
The OEM Brembo blanks are the best bang for the buck. You really don't need anything more unless you are running an aggressive pad like a Hawk HP+.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
I run the Baer D/S rotors with the Hawk HPS pads. Great combo unless they are super cold. If you are looking for a performance rotor as stated you start getting into one that is drilled, slotted or both (people have their opinions about the needs of these) Also you can look at the two piece rotors for added performance and lighter weight....very cool. Bear and Wilwood (also a great rotor) make excellent options as well. As Quad stated you should get 0 squeal if pads are installed and bedded correctly. I also did SS lines all the way around and I have a very stout braking system now on stock sized rotors

slick4_6

Established Member
I just installed new blank rotors and Hawk HPS pads all the way around along with SS brake lines. They dust very little and are extremely quiet. I am unhappy with them though. I had SBS Pro Touring pads on the front and stock 70k+ miles pads on the rear before and the HPS with SS lines does not stop or feel as good as the SBS did. The Pro Touring pads did dust extremely bad, ate the rotors, and started to squeal near the end of their life. I think the HPS would be great for a daily driver, but I wish I would have went back with a more aggressive pad for a weekend warrior.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I put OEM Brembo's and Hawk HPS pads on my ranger and that thing stops freaking insanely better then factory. TOTALLY worth it!!

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
I have brembo pads and rotors. Stops great but squeaks like crazy and dusts like there is no tomorrow. Dont know if it's the rotors or pads but I would guess the pads.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
yes.

OEM brembo blanks from tirerack.

About $120 for the front set, work great, last long enough, and no squeaking issues if you install the pads properly.

I like hawk hps pads, but admit that I get a touch of noise on occasion.

This is what I run....I get a little noise when the brakes are cold, but over all the car stops VERY well. I'm gonna pick up some SS lines here in a bit to finish off what I need (daily driver)

Users who are viewing this thread