NEED HELP PLEASE!

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes ethanol is very opaque clear liquid, strange smell.

Huh, I guess. In my own experience, oil is a lubricant and fuel is a solvent. So when fuel is introduced it dilutes the oil. Makes it thinner and smell like fuel. When mixed with water it looks like chocolate milkshake. Didn't know you could have an an E85 malt. Decision time for sure.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Yes ethanol is very opaque clear liquid, strange smell.

Opaque means you can't see through it. E85 is transparent, not opaque.

Do you have a vacuum pump? If so pull a vacuum on the regulator and see what it does. It should hold steady. If it doesn't the diaphragm is damaged.

I think talking about selling it already is a little extreme. It's probably something relatively simple.

LS WUT

Established Member
I’d also have to agree with the FRPS, it’s dumping the fuel and the fuel has nowhere to go. I’d do a compression test, and a leak down test as well just to be on the safe side. I’ve had a tune get messed with by a battery dying. Unsure exactly what happened but my PATS was flashing, and it almost reset itself back to a base tune it seemed. Car wouldn’t run correctly, kept wanting to die. I have twin GT40 pumps and mine was throwing fuel. Does the previous owner have any input side offering to purchase a FRPS? Not in the sense of buying it back persay, however maybe offering insight on who tuned it, etc? Best of luck my friend. As stated before we’ve got a lot of minds on this forum. Don’t pull the trigger on selling, I know it may be frustrating that you’re having issues with a car you just spent a bit of money on, and you’re having issues. However it’s a game we all play. Especially when buying one that’s got more mods than most playboy models.

cj428mach

Established Member
I don't think it's the FRPS since you said it held fuel pressure for an hour. The FRPS would be dumping the pressure immediately if it has burst.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
what could possibly dump this amount of fuel at this rate?

I’d also have to agree with the FRPS, it’s dumping the fuel and the fuel has nowhere to go. I’d do a compression test, and a leak down test as well just to be on the safe side. I’ve had a tune get messed with by a battery dying. Unsure exactly what happened but my PATS was flashing, and it almost reset itself back to a base tune it seemed. Car wouldn’t run correctly, kept wanting to die. I have twin GT40 pumps and mine was throwing fuel. Does the previous owner have any input side offering to purchase a FRPS? Not in the sense of buying it back persay, however maybe offering insight on who tuned it, etc? Best of luck my friend. As stated before we’ve got a lot of minds on this forum. Don’t pull the trigger on selling, I know it may be frustrating that you’re having issues with a car you just spent a bit of money on, and you’re having issues. However it’s a game we all play. Especially when buying one that’s got more mods than most playboy models.
What is PATS? I did notice that THEFT was just flashing while car was unlocked for no reason, even when trying to start the car.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you sure all of the liquid is fuel?

Put a bore scope into each of the cylinders and turn the ignition to "on". Check for stuck injectors.

Is the cooling system low on fluid?

As I mentioned earlier, check compression and leak down. If there's that much fluid passing through the cylinders, into the oil, and out the exhaust, it could cause a problem with the rings or rods. (Fluid doesn't compress)

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Let me ask this, does the factory oil gauge register oil pressure while cranking? Mine read zero with the new oil in the car and me cranking the car to get the remaining fuel out of the cylinders. Does the car need to be ON and running to register the gauges?

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Are you sure all of the liquid is fuel?

Put a bore scope into each of the cylinders and turn the ignition to "on". Check for stuck injectors.

Is the cooling system low on fluid?

As I mentioned earlier, check compression and leak down. If there's that much fluid passing through the cylinders, into the oil, and out the exhaust, it could cause a problem with the rings or rods. (Fluid doesn't compress)
I’m gonna do a compression test this afternoon. What’s the process? All my plugs are out. Squirt some oil on the cylinder, put the gauge in and crank the car over a couple times to reach max compression and move to the next?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m gonna do a compression test this afternoon. What’s the process? All my plugs are out. Squirt some oil on the cylinder, put the gauge in and crank the car over a couple times to reach max compression and move to the next?
While all plugs are out, thread the gauge into the cylinder to be tested. Press the gas pedal to the floor, turn the ignition switch to start, and let it crank over 4-5 times. Record the result and repeat for each cylinder.

Don't put oil in the cylinders for this test.

LS WUT

Established Member
What is PATS? I did notice that THEFT was just flashing while car was unlocked for no reason, even when trying to start the car.
If the car was flashing the THEFT light it will prevent the car from starting I believe. It’s an anti theft system. “Passive Anti-Theft System”.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im pretty sure you won't see anything on the factory oil pressure "gauge" (fancy dummy light) until it's running
If the car was flashing the THEFT light it will prevent the car from starting I believe. It’s an anti theft system. “Passive Anti-Theft System”.
There is a flashing pattern that would indicate a PATS issue, PATS prevents the fuel pumps from coming on so if it really was fuel out the tail pipe that's clearly not the issue

LS WUT

Established Member
Im pretty sure you won't see anything on the factory oil pressure "gauge" (fancy dummy light) until it's running

There is a flashing pattern that would indicate a PATS issue, PATS prevents the fuel pumps from coming on so if it really was fuel out the tail pipe that's clearly not the issue
If it’s got an upgraded BAP, or Return style fuel system would it still act accordingly?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If it’s got an upgraded BAP, or Return style fuel system would it still act accordingly?
If the power circuit still involves the FPDM then PATS would function as intended. If it isn't then PATS would have nothing to do with it. I have a return system from Lethal with no BAP and it still uses a the FPDM, PATS works as intended. I tried it with an un-programmed key just to see.

LS WUT

Established Member
If you have an injector that is either stuck open mechanically, or being commanded open by a grounded wire between it and the PCM, or a failed driver (transistor) in the PCM then you could end up with raw fuel dripping from the exhaust. Another possible source of that much fuel would be the fuel pressure regulator leaking and the fuel traveling into the intake manifold via it's vacuum hose.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
If you have an injector that is either stuck open mechanically, or being commanded open by a grounded wire between it and the PCM, or a failed driver (transistor) in the PCM then you could end up with raw fuel dripping from the exhaust. Another possible source of that much fuel would be the fuel pressure regulator leaking and the fuel traveling into the intake manifold via it's vacuum hose.
The vacuum hose from it to the FRPS? I unplugged it and didn’t see any fuel come out. Should I leave the plugs out, leave the injector harness unplugged and put the fuse for the fuel pumps back and let it build pressure in the rails and see if the injectors are dripping?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The vacuum hose from it to the FRPS? I unplugged it and didn’t see any fuel come out. Should I leave the plugs out, leave the injector harness unplugged and put the fuse for the fuel pumps back and let it build pressure in the rails and see if the injectors are dripping?

can you post pictures of the engine bay? theres a few return style setups out there. Mine has a big regulator mounted to the fender and a vacuum line goes to the intake. Thats the vacuum line he's talking about - itll be bigger diameter than the FRPS and capable of moving a hell of a lot more fuel

NotSatisfied

Established Member
can you post pictures of the engine bay? theres a few return style setups out there. Mine has a big regulator mounted to the fender and a vacuum line goes to the intake. Thats the vacuum line he's talking about - itll be bigger diameter than the FRPS and capable of moving a hell of a lot more fuel

Attachments

• 7C088EDD-D225-441E-B3A1-E322607DD875.jpeg
    7C088EDD-D225-441E-B3A1-E322607DD875.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 111

Users who are viewing this thread