NEED HELP PLEASE!

NotSatisfied

Established Member
This will be long but I really need help!

So I bought this Screaming Yellow Coupe from SRizo on SVTP

SRizo Screaming Yellow Cobra

The car arrived here in Houston from Bakersfield, CA last night. When trying to get the car off the truck, it wouldn't start.

Seller has sent previous videos of cold start

Seller bringing it to the transporter

Being loaded up in Bakersfeld

Trying to start it upon delivery

After several attempts, it seemed like the battery was drained. I asked the driver if he left the keys in the ignition and he said NO. I checked the battery voltage with the SCT and it said 11.1, cranking would drop to 6.2v. I could hear the IC pump going and I suppose the fuel pump. The fuel pressure was 60psi on the Aeromotive FPR/ gauge. No Check Engine Lights etc. So I thought it was the Audiovox Prestige alarm or something but I dont think so.

I went and purchased a brand new battery and it didnt make any difference, I kept trying but could smell gas and eventually stopped and parked it for the night in the parking lot on a slight incline- I saw fuel just pouring out of the Xpipe turndowns, same with the next morning when I loaded it on a wrecker to get it home.

Video of After new battery installed

Video of Fuel Coming Out of Exhaust

I got it home and started removing the spark plugs- they were all soaking wet/dripping.

I noticed the dip stick looked milky (wasnt like that when I checked it off the transporter). I drained the oil and it had a TON of ethanol in it.

Video of Draining Oil

I changed the oil and left the plugs out. I unhooked the injector harness and spun the motor without the spark plugs. and fuel shot out like a geyser. I couldnt get it ALL out, so I am going to leave the plugs out for 3-5 days and let the cylinders air out. I have new plugs ready.

When I was cranking the motor over, the fuel rail held 50-60psi for over an hour until it eventually bled down, its a return style fuel system, ID1080s, Fore rails and Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator. I suspect if I had a stuck or leaking injector it would bled down very quick. I unhooked the vacuum line going to the FRPS from the Aeromotive and it didn't appear wet.

My car had to be moved at least 1-2x during transport to accommodate other vehicles on the carrier, but the driver said he didnt have any issues.
The seller suspects that the aeromotive regulator failed and has offered to buy me a new and better one along with a new FPRS.

Car cranks over fine now, so I suspect there is no bent rods etc.

The car has a trunk tank but its 1/2-3/4 full so I would think the EWP150 would drain all of it and quickly, so not thinking its a cracked IC. The fluid in the cylinders was an opaque water and smelled like, well, ethanol. Since the car never fired and ran, while Im amazed of the amount of fuel in the oil, I dont think the walls were washed...

Im looking for any advice.

I have called the transporters insurance company and waiting to hear from an adjuster.

Last edited:

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I need some help…

I had a 2004 Whipple Cobra transported to me and when it got here it was just about dead. I tried to jump it but it just wouldn’t take a charge. I went and bought a new battery and the situation was not any better. However it seemed like it would crank but no spark. We tried several times. We even tried to pop a rolling clutch to get it going. It started to smell like gas pretty badly. We decided to finally park the car and literally liquid gas was coming out of the exhaust pipe. At that point, I decided that was enough.

It has some sort of audiovox alarm system on it and not sure if that is what is causing the issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. How long should I wait to try again and do I need to sit here and stress about “cylinder washing” at this point. Literally haven’t even heard the car run yet and this happened. Previous owner didn’t have any issues but it seems like the transporter had to move the car to put other cars on the truck. What should I do?
When you say, "seems like it would crank with no spark" does is crank freely? And easily? Did you check for spark? If it's gas getting into your exhaust, it's in your oil. Check the FRPS fuel rail pressure sensor. Easy things first. Pop off vac line smell for fuel, if fuel is present the disc inside has ruptured.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
First thing to check @NotSatisfied is the Anti theft system. It may be disabling the start circuit. Then I would move on to the Fuel/Ignition system.

Lightning fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair LLC (Professsional, quality and honest business is my top priorty)

Last edited:

NotSatisfied

Established Member
I checked the inertia switch, it’s fine.

I checked the vacuum hose for FRPS, no fuel in it.

There is fuel in the oil. Which who’ll need to be changed once I swap the spark plugs.

There is some sort of audiovox alarm system I want to remove but don’t know how.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Try this @NotSatisfied to rule out your audiovox alarm system.

*This might work for your alarm, If you can get the model number off the alarm box Im sure there is a disable procedure you can get off the internet.

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
First replace the FRPS. Then try to start the car holding gas pedal to the floor. This will shut off the injectors. it may take 20-30 seconds of cranking but should start. Then change the oil. I would bet $20 it’s the FRPS. Had it happen to me many times when running a BAP.

Just because there is no fuel in the vacuum line doesn’t mean the sensor is good.

What’s done to the car? Fuel system? BAP? Return or returnless?

When you turn the key on, do the pumps prime and stop?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
That oil looks awfully suspicious.

I think a compression and leak down test is in order. I wouldn't mess with anything else until that is done.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I've never used the corn, but is that what it looks like when mixed with oil? Reminds me of oil and water.

MG0h3

Established Member
Maybe the transporter took it for a joyride.

Check the mileage maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe the transporter took it for a joyride.

Check the mileage maybe?

I was wondering the same. Seems the transporter might have some explaining to do if the damn thing won't run to get off the truck but work fine getting on the truck???

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I was wondering the same. Seems the transporter might have some explaining to do if the damn thing won't run to get off the truck but work fine getting on the truck???
I agree with you 100%. That car ran before being loaded on that transport to be shipped. Even if it was moved to accommadate other vehicles while in the process of delivery they are responsible IMO!! Lawyer Time!!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
If I had to Make a wild crazy conspiracy theory about this I would think that the alarm may have been armed during transport and at some point it went off and the driver ignored it to the point were it killed or nearly killed the battery. The flooding of gas could of happened after the car wouldnt start when they needed to move it. That be my guess.

MG0h3

Established Member
Maybe something goofy happened to the tune with the battery dying.

Shouldn’t happen and I’ve never heard of it happening.

I do know a reputable tuner on here was updating his own tune and it got corrupted during loading.

Hopefully someone will chime in on the FRPS route. Not sure if the car will still dump fuel on a return style system. I want to say the FRPS isn’t in control of anything on a return style system. I left mine in place as per the tuner just for data logging purposes

Users who are viewing this thread