Need help taking off my plenum. (What tool)

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
I can reach three of the nuts but the bottom left seems impossible to get. I'm sure the proper tool makes it easy. I do not have any tool with my air compressor that would work. What are some of the tools you guys used? Any socket/extension/etc. just does not seem to fit in that tiny space. If I do get something on it, I don't have room to attach the tool to it. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: A little stubby 13mm wrench did the trick. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Disconnect the fuel rail, it allows u to move the regulator enough to fit your socket/wrench in there.

hotcobra03

Established Member
What brand? You have a pic of your half moon wrench? You're really able to use it in there to loosen that nut?

mine is home made...took a craftsman 13mm wrench and a torch...i will post a pic tomorrow of wrench on nut even...

you can buy them,,im just cheap...

Digital

Established Member
You can just use a very small wrench. The ones autozone/advanced/pepboys sell in their little kit work fine. You can also go to lowes/home depot and find single wrenches in various forms. A ratcheting mini might be nice in that spot.
You might have to spin it around a couple times and reposition it to get it in the right spot so you can loosen it. Might need to coax it with a light strike from a hammer if you don't want to wrack your knuckles if it's torqued on tight.

Last edited:

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Gotcvha everyone. Thanks for the suggestions. It seemed ahead of time that it was an easy job as I have never heard anyone complain about it. I still don't see how some of you are fitting a deep socket in there. :shrug: Thanks again.

hotcobra03

Established Member
What brand? You have a pic of your half moon wrench? You're really able to use it in there to loosen that nut?

here,,
my130.jpg

my129.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread