Need help with clutch cable and free play mod

fatrubbers304

Established Member
I just Put my rebuilt transmission back in and I cannot figure out how this cable is supposed to go I have a spring and a little plastic piece and then the nut and jam not but the pedal doesn’t feel right and I’m not sure exactly how the spring goes because it’s an aftermarket cable can anyone help post a picture of how yours is

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
are you sure you need the fp mod? it's possible your setup will be okay without it. i've only ever used it when the pedal was rattling from excessive play (and it does work well). but it is pretty easy to remove and install if necessary.

those aftermarket adjustable cables suck though, i'd be careful of that.

fatrubbers304

Established Member
are you sure you need the fp mod? it's possible your setup will be okay without it. i've only ever used it when the pedal was rattling from excessive play (and it does work well). but it is pretty easy to remove and install if necessary.

those aftermarket adjustable cables suck though, i'd be careful of that.figured it out and put the spring on and it feels a lot better. Without the spring I had at least 2 inches of play in the peddle before feeling and pressure. I don’t like having the aftermarket cables it just came with the car but when the clutch goes bad I’ll prolly go back to stock.

hotcobra03

Established Member
What type of quadrant is car using.
Firewall adjuster?

Oem setup didn't have threaded rod type,

When I went to use heavy duty cable I had to modify it to work,

I used a single hook quadrant,

And set it to just have pressure on the fork,

Had issues with cable being stiff,,had to oil it
I've been fine since install about 40k untouched

fatrubbers304

Established Member
What type of quadrant is car using.
Firewall adjuster?

Oem setup didn't have threaded rod type,

When I went to use heavy duty cable I had to modify it to work,

I used a single hook quadrant,

And set it to just have pressure on the fork,

Had issues with cable being stiff,,had to oil it
I've been fine since install about 40k untouched
Unsure exactly which quadrant and firewall adjuster. I am at a standstill until this weekend due to work but I am fairly positive my cable needs adjusted now since I put the car in gear while it was off and when I tried to crank the motor over with clutch pedal pressed the car jumped as if my clutch isn’t even engaging. Car was fine until I took the cable down to have trans rebuilt.

Users who are viewing this thread