need help with imac dual monitors

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
will post pics in a few. i have a 24" IMAC that i'am trying to run a second display on a 32" sharp aquos and have already bought the correct cables. i can't get it to work. anyone that can help me with this? thanks ahead of time

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Try going to System Preferences > Displays > Detect Displays. See if that works for ya. Macs are great but are sometimes a pain in the ass. Good luck.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
yeah, i tried that and it doesn't even recognize it. went into menu of tv and switched to pc mode. i have been at it for hours now. it's driving me ****ing crazy ! i'am about to give up

kuruma

Established Member
yeah, i tried that and it doesn't even recognize it. went into menu of tv and switched to pc mode. i have been at it for hours now. it's driving me ****ing crazy ! i'am about to give up

Get a PC. (Yes I'm absolutely no help) and fyi this is the pics and video section, not the help me with my icrap one...

Wait, I think I have an App for that...

:D:D:D

Last edited:

jrandy

Established Member
i literally just plugged my second monitor (or tv) into my imac and it detects it automatically. I have had 4 macs and all of them have always worked when i plugged it in?

Sorry to be no help

Sammyboy

Established Member
I just can't constitute spending twice the money for a computer operating system with the same amount of memory and processing speed.

I guess they do look "trendy"

Users who are viewing this thread