Need help with my mystichrome coupe steering wheel

Marines691

Established Member
Okay so I have two terminators a 03 DSG and just today a MC. The MC Is mint with only 17k miles. I mean truly a find with the way things are. Only issue is its missing the MC steering wheel. It just has regular cobra one. Old man threw it away previous to me owning it. I will do three things pay a butt load for a nice MC steering wheel, pay a bounty for someone who helps me find one, or open to suggestions on how to fake it till you make it. I'm open ears. It doesn't bother me too much but it's the only missing piece of a truly mint MC. Also would be interested in buying spare seats no matter the cost.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Who throws away a MC steering wheel? That's just dumb. I got lucky and found mine on ebay. You might have to keep an eye out and hope to get lucky.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Once thing I did when I had my Mystichrome was search the word "Mystichrome" daily on eBay.

Things pop up once in a while. I had planned to buy seats in ANY condition and reuse the leather from that to make some steering wheels, but sold it before I had a chance.

The following idea might be a little outside the box, BUT.......

Someone I work with has a purse that is identical to mystrichome leather. I had though about trying to find some of those and use it redo a steering wheel. lol. Just an idea.

Marines691

Established Member
Once thing I did when I had my Mystichrome was search the word "Mystichrome" daily on eBay.

Things pop up once in a while. I had planned to buy seats in ANY condition and reuse the leather from that to make some steering wheels, but sold it before I had a chance.

The following idea might be a little outside the box, BUT.......

Someone I work with has a purse that is identical to mystrichome leather. I had though about trying to find some of those and use it redo a steering wheel. lol. Just an idea.
Hey its worth a shot. How do we proceed?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This will be interesting if you proceed. If you do, post some photos after the re-wrap.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
This will be interesting if you proceed. If you do, post some photos after the re-wrap.
Subscribed. Agree with Bob, if you take a purse and turn it into wrap I wanna see a thread made with pics throughout the process. It gives new meaning to if and when someone replies to a car thread, “ just hit it with your purse”. Guess you might exceed. #epic

Marines691

Established Member
Subscribed. Agree with Bob, if you take a purse and turn it into wrap I wanna see a thread made with pics throughout the process. It gives new meaning to if and when someone replies to a car thread, “ just hit it with your purse”. Guess you might exceed. #epic
I'll fund it and pay for it all. Pro seamstress too. But just the purse or the pattern. Will redefine what we call in the AK47 world just as good. Lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Paul, is that material polyvinyl chloride (PVC), or polyurethane (PU)?

It does look to be very close to the Mystichrome wheel, color-wise.

Marines691

Established Member
This looks like that same color too.

Maybe PM them and ask where they get the leather?
Dude that's perfect Wonder if I bought two purses if we would have enough? Anyone know someone who can cut it down and sew onto steering wheel properly?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
All I did was a Google search for "Mystichrome purse"

Says there is only 1 left. Etsy is mostly homemade crafts. The seller may know the source for the material. It's worth PMing them to find out.

Bob, the listing claims it is "vegan leather", so maybe human skin? :LOL:

Please send finders fee to my OnlyFans account.
chris farley GIF

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Read the thread above which discusses having a Mystichrome steering wheel re-done. The second link is a shop in Texas that re-finishes steering wheels. They use leather products, so you'd have to contact them to see if they'd use your provided "vegan" leather from the purses to do the re-covering. My concern is that the vegan leather isn't going to wear well. So they might be able to answer that concern if you call them.

Users who are viewing this thread