Need help with my mystichrome coupe steering wheel

HPLouis

Established Member
I think the seat leather has a clear coat on it that the steering wheel leather does not have.

@Goose17 can speak to this better than I can.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I think the seat leather has a clear coat on it that the steering wheel leather does not have.

@Goose17 can speak to this better than I can.
You are correct. The seat leather will feel thicker, less pliable. The steering wheel leather was softer.

Marines691

Established Member
Yeah, I found it on Etsy. Just do a Google search for "Mystichrome purse"
They stopped producing the leather unfortunately. I have the last bits they made in storage now. I also found a couple yards of the original mystichrome leather from garden state tanning other day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, @Marines691, you really scored.....twice. First on the vegan leather and then again on a couple of yards of the original Mystichrome leather.

Marines691

Established Member
If only I would of scored on my mystichrome coupe. 18k miles and paid 42k for it. But it needs a fuel system so that costs a pretty penny. Or a pprv delete, which is like the bandaid solution.
Wow, @Marines691, you really scored.....twice. First on the vegan leather and then again on a couple of yards of the original Mystichrome leather.

HPLouis

Established Member
If only I would of scored on my mystichrome coupe. 18k miles and paid 42k for it. But it needs a fuel system so that costs a pretty penny. Or a pprv delete, which is like the bandaid solution.
That's a great price for 18K miles and this market. Also, it's got a Whipple on it.

Marines691

Established Member
Yeah. It just like fights me and leans out when I accelerate. It will be going and going then start like kicking back on me and stuttering. Someone said it's pprv and I need to delete it.
That's a great price for 18K miles and this market. Also, it's got a Whipple on it.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
They stopped producing the leather unfortunately. I have the last bits they made in storage now. I also found a couple yards of the original mystichrome leather from garden state tanning other day.
Awesome score! Congrats!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Yeah. It just like fights me and leans out when I accelerate. It will be going and going then start like kicking back on me and stuttering. Someone said it's pprv and I need to delete it.
The PPRV issue usually shows up on the shifts. After you shift and slam the pedal back down there a hesitation before the engine picks up again.

If it's going lean at WOT either the tune isn't right or your pumps just can't help up. Log FPDC and pressure drop across the injectors. That will let you know what's going on.

Marines691

Established Member
The PPRV issue usually shows up on the shifts. After you shift and slam the pedal back down there a hesitation before the engine picks up again.

If it's going lean at WOT either the tune isn't right or your pumps just can't help up. Log FPDC and pressure drop across the injectors. That will let you know what's going on.
It happens every time during shifts.

Marines691

Established Member
During part throttle shifting as well or just at WOT?
Mostly WOT I think. I want to say it's happened at like really mild throttle shifting too. But maybe not. Haven't driven it much lately. Waiting to get it either pprv deleted or duel system. Can't decide which one. It's only got a 2.3 Whipple so prob thinking pprv is best. Fuel system seems overkill. My DSG 03 has like 650-700 to tires and it's pprv delete and gets enough fuel, so if anything I'd rather spend the money on long tubes and fuel system for the DSG and not the MC.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Mostly WOT I think. I want to say it's happened at like really mild throttle shifting too. But maybe not. Haven't driven it much lately. Waiting to get it either pprv deleted or duel system. Can't decide which one. It's only got a 2.3 Whipple so prob thinking pprv is best. Fuel system seems overkill. My DSG 03 has like 650-700 to tires and it's pprv delete and gets enough fuel, so if anything I'd rather spend the money on long tubes and fuel system for the DSG and not the MC.
I'd still log it and get the tune checked out. A tuner might be able to tweak it. I had the shift hesitation in my 01 even after the PPRV delete. I was able to change a couple things to get rid of it.

Depending on your current pump set up it might be worth looking into a Fore hat with the GT pumps. That set up took my buddy into the high 500's with room to spare.

Marines691

Established Member
I'd still log it and get the tune checked out. A tuner might be able to tweak it. I had the shift hesitation in my 01 even after the PPRV delete. I was able to change a couple things to get rid of it.

Depending on your current pump set up it might be worth looking into a Fore hat with the GT pumps. That set up took my buddy into the high 500's with room to spare.
Can you point me into the right direction for what parts specifically I need to pickup and where to get them? Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread