Need help with setting up Facebook Live streaming feed to church Nursery.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We have a Nursery room at our church that has a new smart 42" TV, allowing a parent to bring their toddler into the room and still be able to hear/see the service. At the present time we're using a cable feed from our sound booth in the church sanctuary (audio from our sound board and video from an older camcorder). The video feed is pretty horrible (very grainy, dull, and on the darker side). I set the brightness very high on the TV but it still looks bad.

I am in the process of starting to record our Sunday services using Facebook Live. That part is easy. But I got the idea to stream the live feed to our Nursery smart TV from the video device (either an iPhone or a streaming video camera). That would provide a much higher quality video feed. While the TV does have Internet capability through our church network, there is no mouse so it takes forever to try to connect to a Facebook page using the TV remote control. Is there a better and faster way to connect to a Facebook page other than through the TV's SmartHub using the TV's remote? My goal is to find a way to do it easily so that when the service/recording starts I (or someone else) can go into the Nursery and quickly get the live feed to play on the TV.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

GodStang

Established Member
I do it through my Cell phone or ipad/ AppleTV. I go to the facebook video and then click mirror on the phone and it puts whats on the iphone/ipad on the TV. Takes seconds. No wires needed and no extra laptop or computer.

Some TVs have built in Mirroring also so you won't need a firestick, Roku, or AppleTV.

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The quickest and easiest way to run a satellite feed in the same building is going to be done with a long HDMI cable. I don't know exactly what your setup is, but that is the first that comes to mind.

I have run RCA cables, coax, HDMI, and used a broadband feed for churches with a live stream. For a live stream, a small laptop with a monitor out works great. You will get a slight delay, but you only have a short cable.

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
when i read the title i got the impression you were setting up a camera to watch women breastfeed, sick bastard lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
when i read the title i got the impression you were setting up a camera to watch women breastfeed, sick bastard lol
LOL!

I have to use a large TV because of the size of the room. Can't use mobil devices or a computer. I was thinking about a Firestick, Roku or AppleTV but wasn't honestly sure if I could do Facebook Live using those. I did read today that Facebook was going to release a device to allow Live feeds through Facebook Live directly to a TV. I had to do some demo work in the church Nursery today (getting new carpet next week) so I'll have to research it more tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments/advice guys. Even yours, Mike. LOL.

nickf2005

Established Member
Most new TV's can screen mirror, or it's "Smart View" on a Samsung. Pull up the FB page on a cell phone or tablet and mirror it to the TV. Done. Both my older Samsung and new Vizio can mirror my S9+. Literally takes seconds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread