Need help with speedo being off

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Looking for some help with getting my speedo to read correctly after uploading a tune. so far i have tried 11 different rev/mile combinations with my gear ratio setting and still cant get this damn thing to read correctly.

The best i can manage is getting my speedo to within 5 MPH off but using the 3:55 gear ratio setting at 750 rev/mile setting. i looked at a rev/mile calculator online after punching in my rear tire size 295/30/20 it gave me a setting 748.2. i used 750 in my SCT (because you cant select 748 number) with my correct gear ratio of 3:31 and that put my speedo at 10 MPH off. How i am judging my MPH is by using a GPS MPH app on my iphone.

Is this something i am just going to have to try every single rev/mile setting in my SCT tuner with every single gear ratio setting until i find the "fix" ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Is the overall diameter of your current tires taller or shorter then stock? Have you looked on the manufacturer's website to see what they say the revs/miles are? They might have a different number then the calculator you're using.

ctgreddy

Established Member
When I put that tire size into the calculator I use I got 771 rev per mile. I'd try and up your revs and see how close it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread