Need Livelink Gen 2 PID logging help

fullboogie

Established Member
Attempting to do some datalogging for BJ and I'm having some trouble with it. I recently upgraded from an Xcal2 (!) and Livelink 6.5 to an X4 and Livelink Gen 2. BJ has asked that I log certain PID's, but Gen 2 doesn't have any of the following PID's - all of which show up in Livelink 6.5. I've asked Gen 2 to look for and verify all PID's, and all the vehicle info is correct. Have any of you successfully logged any of these PID's in Gen 2, and if so, could you point me to where in the list they are? I've been over it dozens of times and I'm stuck. This is for a 2007.

1) There is no PID for "returnless fuel pump duty cycle". The closest one I found is "Fuel pump duty cycle" and off to the side it says "duty cycle for modulated fuel pump";

2) There is no "injector duty cycle" anywhere.

3) There is no "MAF voltage" - only MAF in grams/second and MAF counts;

4) There is no "returnless fuel pump pressure" - only "fuel rail pressure" in PSI

Of course, the "tech rep" at SCT was both clueless and rude as hell.

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
Got the PM and replied - thank you. Yes, everything is connected, updated, and the PID's are "verified" through Livelink ahead of time. The PID's I listed are simply not anywhere in the list. I sure wish there were an explanation for this.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Try searching for INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE, MAF VOLTAGE, and RETURNLESS FUEL PUMP DUTY CYCLE in the DMR list vice PID. I have successfully datalogged them but never tried RETURNLESS FUEL PUMP PRESSURE.

fullboogie

Established Member
Alright, couple of updates after doing a remote session with a very nice guy from SCT:

1) There is no "returnless fuel pump duty cycle" in Gen 2. It is a PID that's labelled "Fuel pump duty cycle" and off to the side it says "duty cycle for modulated fuel pump". This will give you a 1/2 value, e.g. when it says ".20" it means you are at 40% duty cycle. Another option is to pic a DMR that says "Returnless fuel pump duty cycle" that reads full value;

2) There is no PID for "injector duty cycle," only a DMR. This was available as a PID in Livelink 6.5, and I showed him the datalogs to prove it. SCT was unaware of this, and said it will roll out an update to fix this problem;

3) For "MAF Voltage" you must pick the PID caled "MAF Counts" and then off to the right, under the column titled "Units" use the drop down box to change the units to "Volts";

4) There is no "returnless fuel pump pressure" and there never will be. The only thing you can pick is a PID called "Fuel rail pressure."

This has all been very confusing, particularly since VMP's logging instructions say DO NOT USE DMR's, ONLY PID's.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like you have a way to gather the data you need to provide to VMP. Back when I was doing idle and drive logs for Lund, he provided me with a couple of Config files that contained both PIDs and DMRs to record. My datalogs appear to contain valid data within expected parameters. I have had issues datalogging with my SCT X4 and have been unable to resolve them with assistance from tech support. I have had a much better experience creating my own config files and datalogging with my X3, and I get valid DOWNSTREAM AIR TEMP data, unlike with my X4. As long as you get the info you need, use whatever tool works.

fullboogie

Established Member
Agreed. My main frustration has been that this crappy Livelink Gen 2 software has far fewer PID's than the old Livelink 6.5. I can't understand why SCT would put out a piece of software that is less robust than an 8 year old version. Now I have to cross my fingers and hope that BJ doesn't go nuts over the fact that some of the data is going to be in a format (or units) that is different from the instruction sheet.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Damn I am an ogre. :)

The issue is that we have found the DMRs to be inconsistent at best. Sometimes values that could not possibly correct unless you were on the face of the sun.

With Live Link 2 sending prepared config files often do not match the car. It's always best to create your own with the car connected.

Send away

Bj

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Alright, couple of updates after doing a remote session with a very nice guy from SCT:

1) There is no "returnless fuel pump duty cycle" in Gen 2. It is a PID that's labelled "Fuel pump duty cycle" and off to the side it says "duty cycle for modulated fuel pump". This will give you a 1/2 value, e.g. when it says ".20" it means you are at 40% duty cycle. Another option is to pic a DMR that says "Returnless fuel pump duty cycle" that reads full value;

2) There is no PID for "injector duty cycle," only a DMR. This was available as a PID in Livelink 6.5, and I showed him the datalogs to prove it. SCT was unaware of this, and said it will roll out an update to fix this problem;

3) For "MAF Voltage" you must pick the PID caled "MAF Counts" and then off to the right, under the column titled "Units" use the drop down box to change the units to "Volts";

4) There is no "returnless fuel pump pressure" and there never will be. The only thing you can pick is a PID called "Fuel rail pressure."

This has all been very confusing, particularly since VMP's logging instructions say DO NOT USE DMR's, ONLY PID's.

If you don't mind I have couple of questions.
1)So will this show full value for return fuel pump and half value for returnless?

2)The update will add a PID for injector duty cycle?

fullboogie

Established Member
If you don't mind I have couple of questions.
1)So will this show full value for return fuel pump and half value for returnless?

2)The update will add a PID for injector duty cycle?

1) The PID one will show "half" value, the DMR will show "full" value. Unfortunately, both display as a decimal value rather than a percentage. In other words, both show ".40" rather than "40%". I guess not that big a deal, but why would SCT screw this up?

2) If they can be believed, after downloading my old datalogs to VMP with Livelink 6.5, the tech and the "engineer" both said they plan to address this in a future update. I sure hope so, and told them this was a glaring omission that has to be corrected.

Damn I am an ogre. :)

The issue is that we have found the DMRs to be inconsistent at best. Sometimes values that could not possibly correct unless you were on the face of the sun.

With Live Link 2 sending prepared config files often do not match the car. It's always best to create your own with the car connected.

Send away

Bj

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thought you forgot about me bro! I hated sending you logs that don't match up with your instructions, but it looks like a few of the parameters won't be exactly what you want. I'll send them over in a few days when I have time - the main holdup is lots of rain around here so I can't do any 3rd gear pulls. Thanks for your input on this thread.

Last edited:

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
1) The PID one will show "half" value, the DMR will show "full" value. Unfortunately, both display as a decimal value rather than a percentage. In other words, both show ".40" rather than "40%". I guess not that big a deal, but why would SCT screw this up?

2) If they can be believed, after downloading my old datalogs to VMP with Livelink 6.5, the tech and the "engineer" both said they plan to address this in a future update. I sure hope so, and told them this was a glaring omission that has to be corrected.

Thought you forgot about me bro! I hated sending you logs that don't match up with your instructions, but it looks like a few of the parameters won't be exactly what you want. I'll send them over in a few days when I have time - the main holdup is lots of rain around here so I can't do any 3rd gear pulls. Thanks for your input on this thread.

I see, thanx for clarifying.
I wish you had told them about the IAT2 issue as well. For quite a lot of us that PID is not showing the correct values and supposedly they are working on it but its been more than a year and nothing.

VNMOUS1

Established Member

Nope...didn't forget. Just get me the best you can. Just the idle and slow rev for the first one and I can look at that before we worry about wot.

Make sure you send it through the customer support portal on the website and not email tho.

thanks

bj

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I see, thanx for clarifying.
I wish you had told them about the IAT2 issue as well. For quite a lot of us that PID is not showing the correct values and supposedly they are working on it but its been more than a year and nothing.

I have a ticket open on IAT2. Sent them config files and logs from X3 (working) and X4 (bad data) per their request. I asked for an update yesterday. In case you call, I'm talking to Rudolfo Sims. He said they never heard of this which has to be BS. I am seriously considering swapping to the nGauge and forget all the SCT BS.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
In case you call, I'm talking to Rudolfo Sims. He said they never heard of this which has to be BS.

That is BS!!!! I personally placed two trouble tickets for this exact issue and provided them with X3 and X4 datalogs to prove it was a software problem. They refuse to acknowledge the problem. There are other common PIDs/DMRs that are jacked also. Frustrated, I gave up trying to help them fix their crap and just use my X3 when I need to datalog.

fullboogie

Established Member
Doesn't give me any hope that the other problem PID's mentioned will ever get fixed.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I have a ticket open on IAT2. Sent them config files and logs from X3 (working) and X4 (bad data) per their request. I asked for an update yesterday. In case you call, I'm talking to Rudolfo Sims. He said they never heard of this which has to be BS. I am seriously considering swapping to the nGauge and forget all the SCT BS.

You know, I wasn't sure if I should be glad that other people are complaining, or sad because they don't give a shit.
I've been using Aerofoce's interceptor to monitor IAT2, thats why I'm reluctant to switch to the nGauge. I have enough gauges already.

Users who are viewing this thread