Need Opinions 2012 5.0 Mods

JC_SapphireBlue_GT

Established Member
I plan to start buying some goodies for my car since it has treated me well thus far. car is bone stock as of now with 550 miles on it.

I plan on buying exhaust within the next day or so, I am getting the Mac axleback that lethal has for sale. I also want an o/r h pipe (lethal or another brand?)
(cammed tune in near future as well by AED or Lund)

Questions:
1. will the o/r h pipe mate correctly to the stock over axles?

2. are these LCAS any good and if so why the price difference on these sites?

J&M 23961 J&M Products Mustang 2005-11 Aluminum Adjustable Lower Control Arms V8 - 23961, J&M Lower Control Arms (Rr)

J&M 2011-2012 GT500 Double Adjustable Lower Control Arms (Race) [JM-23961] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

car is stock height plan to lower it later down the road when i will than get the relocation brackets as well.

Thats it for now, i suppose. If you have other suggestions for parts feel free to tell me your experience.

Thanks in advance

car is 6 speed w/ 3.73's and brembos as well.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I plan to start buying some goodies for my car since it has treated me well thus far. car is bone stock as of now with 550 miles on it.

I plan on buying exhaust within the next day or so, I am getting the Mac axleback that lethal has for sale. I also want an o/r h pipe (lethal or another brand?)
(cammed tune in near future as well by AED or Lund)

Questions:
1. will the o/r h pipe mate correctly to the stock over axles?

2. are these LCAS any good and if so why the price difference on these sites?

J&M 23961 J&M Products Mustang 2005-11 Aluminum Adjustable Lower Control Arms V8 - 23961, J&M Lower Control Arms (Rr)

J&M 2011-2012 GT500 Double Adjustable Lower Control Arms (Race) [JM-23961] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

car is stock height plan to lower it later down the road when i will than get the relocation brackets as well.

Thats it for now, i suppose. If you have other suggestions for parts feel free to tell me your experience.

Thanks in advance

car is 6 speed w/ 3.73's and brembos as well.

1. yes lethal H will mate up correctly to stock catback (Over axle pipes) my lethal X does.

2. Havent had any experience with those control arms (I believe AmericanMuscle runs those on their 2011 GT but im not sure) i have the steeda ones and they eliminated almost all of my wheel hop.

You will need a tune in order to run the Offroad H pipe. So an AED tune is what i would recommend too. You're going to want those lower control arms or an upper control arm to get rid of wheel hop

Also, you might want to swap out the trans fluid too. Makes the car shift much better

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
The MAC can be hit or miss. I had them and they droned terribly. At the time I had an after-cat X pipe, and no resonators. Some have reported no drone issues.

I run the UMI LCAs and brackets. They are the only ones I have experience with.

The Lethal H will mate up to the stock exhaust.

AED tune is the best mod you can give the car.

Shifter bracket will make a huge difference if you don't want to go for a full shifter. Combine that with a clutch line and it will make a bigger difference.

I don't know what your goals are. If you intend to drag race, get tires and wheels. 28 inch slicks for your 3.73s and light weight wheels on all 4 corners.

Mike

JC_SapphireBlue_GT

Established Member
The MAC can be hit or miss. I had them and they droned terribly. At the time I had an after-cat X pipe, and no resonators. Some have reported no drone issues.

I run the UMI LCAs and brackets. They are the only ones I have experience with.

The Lethal H will mate up to the stock exhaust.

AED tune is the best mod you can give the car.

Shifter bracket will make a huge difference if you don't want to go for a full shifter. Combine that with a clutch line and it will make a bigger difference.

I don't know what your goals are. If you intend to drag race, get tires and wheels. 28 inch slicks for your 3.73s and light weight wheels on all 4 corners.

Mike

I have seen all of your videos, with the macs you noted that they sounded mean and deep as hell like i'm looking for, i'm banking on the macs with the o/r h pipe and resonators wont have the drone you were having (fingers crossed) but if the tone is perfect i can deal with some drone.

oh and the clutch line will be done at the same time as the exhaust.
my goals for the car are mid 11's n/a for now.

many more mods in the near future for me!

Users who are viewing this thread