Need opinions on Blower!!

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey guys, I currently have a Kenne Bell 2.8H Blower on my 03 Cobra. The motor is bored .030" over and has CP pistons and when the motor was done they kept the compression right around the stock compression. I also have corwer stage 3 blower cams to. I have heard that a Big blower is a torque killer for low compression engines. My Question is would I gain more going to a whipple 2.9 with a crusher inlet, a 3.4 whipple, or a TVS? My kenne Bell also has the BEhemouth Inlet system on it..huge ass throttle body and all that. I am currently making 649 rwhp and 560 rwtq on 93 octane at 19.6 psi and 18* timing. Would the cost to swap blowers gain me any more power or should I just keep the kenne bell? Any info would be great!! Thanks!

mach1033

Established Member
You have a few options. One of which is to turn up the boost. The 3.4 won't shine unless you turn up the boost as well. The 2.9 with crusher is great but again why buy the crusher unless your gonna turn up the boost. My advice is that you have a great blower already and you need to step up to a 4lb lower and throw some torco in there.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
But won't I have to keep buying tons of torco for it? I would prefer to keep 93 octane without having to spend hundreds on additives. I am at almost 20 psi now. I have it being tuned for e85 just for the hell I it on 23 psi this weekend.

lucheski

Established Member
The blower setup youve got has got alot left in it. Switching blowers isnt going to make a difference since what is limiting you is the 93 oct fuel. The other blowers are going to be at the same power level when run with 93oct. Do you have E85 in your area? Torco + 93 + more boost from the 2.8 Behemoth is what I would be doing since e85 would require a bigger fuel system

mach1033

Established Member
But won't I have to keep buying tons of torco for it? I would prefer to keep 93 octane without having to spend hundreds on additives. I am at almost 20 psi now. I have it being tuned for e85 just for the hell I it on 23 psi this weekend.

Yes you would need to buy torco. The only reason I suggested it was because I noticed your car is not your daily driver. I used torco for two years. It costs 145 for 6 fill ups. But I wanted more power that pump 93 couldn't give me.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Yea that is true for torco. I may look into that then. The car is setup for e85 I just don't have it right where I live..it is within a hour drive. I have return fuel system, division x hat 105 lb/hr injectors and twin Walbro 405 pumps etc. I would like to be close to 700 rwhp on 93 + torco and a 4 lb lower then

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
You have a great blower!!! Perfect to make some stupid power. Add the lower and some of the new SHELL URT Advaned 115 unleaded race fuel instead of E85 and see what she does.

gabe1530

Banned
imo, e85 is too far (it will make nice power when tuned up tho, but why use it if its an hour away), shell URT is badass but there probably isnt a place to get it. your only option is additives so buy a 5 gallon drum of torco and cut it in with each tank. it will save you money this way and you can turn up the boost on that 2.8.

Users who are viewing this thread