Need opinions on wheel color

What color should I do the centers?

• Total voters

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
I bought a new set of True Forged 18" "Formula" 3 piece with chrome lips and assembly bolts and had the centers done body color. What do you guys think looks the best? The centers white, chrome or gloss black??:shrug:

This is the most recent picture i have right now..
70751015161092808321115.jpg

Old set..
photoshooty.jpg

If someone would photoshop the centers gloss black on one of the pictures that would be great!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
first!

i think white for sure. i think it goes with the theme of the car. black wouldnt be as noticeable. with the chrome wheels, it just looks like a wild mustang, on chrome wheels. with the white wheels, it keeps the wild theme go.

OP feels they look too small. i think 19s might have given him the look he was aiming for. but i think the car does look great. i already received some text messages about it tonight after i posted it on FB. people are liking it there :beer:

plus, he had a set of center caps painted white as well which he sent to my engraver. i think that will also make the wheel appear a little bit bigger since the white will be continuous.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
White for sure. Heck Sharpie something on the centercaps

that's exactly what i told him! :thumbsup:

i told him to have the sharpie artist do the TF logo in his sharpie style on the caps but i think he said the guy isnt too into it any more. or something like that..

sharpie should put this car in their ads or a commercial or something :thumbsup:

flyfaster1

Established Member
Good idea and def keeps the theme of the car alive. Sharpie the center cap logos and then the lip, all white rims.

Personally, I still like the old wheel setup but both look good.

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
White for sure. Heck Sharpie something on the centercaps

that's exactly what i told him! :thumbsup:

i told him to have the sharpie artist do the TF logo in his sharpie style on the caps but i think he said the guy isnt too into it any more. or something like that..

sharpie should put this car in their ads or a commercial or something :thumbsup:

Liking this idea.

I like the idea as well, BUT.... I have been waiting for a show sign from the guy for over a year! Not the easiest guy to get stuff done from anymore:(

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I wonder what a white center with a black lip would look like?

i was actually thinking about this this morning as well lol. black lips and assembly bolts. kinda late for that now though since the lips are chrome. if they were polished it would be easy. but i think it has just the right amount of bling now. not TOO much and not completely absent.

edit: could always try plasti-dip

Last edited:

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
BTW, saw your car in both the recent magazine and a buddy of mine took pics of your car down in OCMD.

burnzilla

Established Member
Have you ruled out polished [aluminum] wheels?
edit: Your old wheels look like the AZA Z1's, I like those better then your new ones.
-

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Looks good.....pics don't do them justice. Same with mine....they look better in person. I can't wait to see your car in person....I think those wheels are looking sharp...ie! Seriously..I think it looks good. Look forward to seeing it in person soon!

Are the center caps chrome/brushed or something? May get them painted black with white fill on the TF logo? Just to add some black like the roof? That would be an inexpensive dress up type thing?

By the way..pic one from the side with the deep dish look and the white showing in the chrome....that's the pic that makes them look awesome!

flS/R

Established Member
white

the reflection of the white on the chrome lip just adds to the look the sharpie artwork has provided. Example

79141020024239556751474.jpg

the reflection on the chrome is white and black which flows with the work on the top of the car. Black would just look black and chrome just would not have the same impact. Every now and then someone modifies their mustang just right and should stop at some point. This is one of those times

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Like mike said, maybe add some black accents. Center cap, lugs, assembly bolts

Or here is something different, white lip chrome center

Maybe get someone to photoshop some options

Users who are viewing this thread