Need recommendation on clay mitt

dom418

Established Member
any recommendations guys? Paint has minimal contamination

Also is a traditional clay bar more effective on paint that is more contaminated? Thank you for your help

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thanks TK.

dom: I like the offerings from Griot's Garage. They have good clay mitts. I believe they have medium and fine grade depending on how contaminated your paint is.

I have found that a traditional piece of clay works better. On severely contaminated paint, I hit it with the mitt then follow up with clay and am amazed at what is still being removed.

Mitt's are faster and a dream if you drop them, just rinse them off and you are back in biz. Clay, you drop it you throw it out.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
Scott

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks TK.

dom: I like the offerings from Griot's Garage. They have good clay mitts. I believe they have medium and fine grade depending on how contaminated your paint is.

I have found that a traditional piece of clay works better. On severely contaminated paint, I hit it with the mitt then follow up with clay and am amazed at what is still being removed.

Mitt's are faster and a dream if you drop them, just rinse them off and you are back in biz. Clay, you drop it you throw it out.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
Scott

Im obviously out of the loop here - isnt there a pad for buffers that do the same as well? Any recommendations for that and is the good old clay bar still that much better than that as well?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^^They do have those for use with a machine. I shy away from them for the reason that if something got trapped/embedded into the disc while claying with a machine, it would possibly do some damage to the areas you are using it on.

They are fast though!

Users who are viewing this thread