Need some help here

acerasuolo

Established Member
Hey guys, i finally got my car back and got her on the dyno. its been a long 2 days, drove from ventura ca to anahiem, got a break in tune, then drove another 300 miles that night to break the clutch and motor in some more so that i could get another tune the next day. well this is my graph. put down 433rwhp 420rwtq

i need help to figure out exactly what is wrong. the possibilities that i see are

not enough fuel - from the pump
belt slip
bypass valve opening too early or not holding boost

both pulls only yeilded 6lbs of boost with a 3.12" pulley on a vortech t-trim at ~5500 rpms. any help would be great guys.

ps.
attachment.php
are the the numbers are pretty good at only 5500?

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
looks like possible slip in the upper range, the ones I have seen are either jagged, or fall straight off, and yours falls off.

You can also look for a vacuum leak.

acerasuolo

Established Member
yea i was thinking that the bypass valve was releasing the boost. i hope this isn't going to be a long drawn out fix. my redline is at 6800 so i think it should at least be in the 525 range

01yellercobra

Established Member
Check around the blower pulley for black dust. That will tell you if you have belt slip. What bypass are you using? Maybe you can swap with someone that has a good one to see if that's the problem. Although I would think the boost would keep it closed anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread