need some help with my build

Crazyredsvt

Established Member
Ok I’m doing some upgrading to the gt500 within the next few weeks and currently it’s on pump gas ( 93 ) it has a vmp stock look 2.5 upper, Ford racing 65mm TB, JLT 123, Suspension, 3:73 Gears, Stock clutch, short throw shifter, VMP H/E. I’ve decided to let Fastlane motor sports in North Carolina to install the parts and to tune the car for me and the parts I have in my garage are Kooks 1 7/8th long tubes with mid pipe and x pipe, L&M NSR CAMS. what else should I order for the car does it need more boost? what am I missing? This is my 1st some what of a build that I’m finishing. PS I’m thinking about doing the e85 conversion it’s just so hard to get fuel in Charlotte NC.

RBB

Established Member
When you say you have "suspension" in your current list of mods, what do you mean there? I'd suggest UCA, LCAs, relo brackets and an adjustable panhard bar if you don't have them. A BAP, as Klaus suggested, will most likely be necessary....might as well do a 10% lower while you're at it. You're going to lose some boost with the install of the cams/LTs, so you can spin that blower a little harder to make up for it and still be safe on pump gas.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you need a bigger blower or spin the stocker harder if you're going to get any benefit out of that cam. A 2.5, cam and headers is not going to generate that much boost, certainly not in range of E85.

L&M also suggests their low-vacuum by-pass with those cams.

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I think you need a bigger blower or spin the stocker harder if you're going to get any benefit out of that cam. A 2.5, cam and headers is not going to generate that much boost, certainly not in range of E85.

L&M also suggests their low-vacuum by-pass with those cams.

Personally I would skip the cams if I was OP. Cost is high and benefit is low.

Crazyredsvt

Established Member
When you say you have "suspension" in your current list of mods, what do you mean there? I'd suggest UCA, LCAs, relo brackets and an adjustable panhard bar if you don't have them. A BAP, as Klaus suggested, will most likely be necessary....might as well do a 10% lower while you're at it. You're going to lose some boost with the install of the cams/LTs, so you can spin that blower a little harder to make up for it and still be safe on pump gas.
It has the bmr control arms in the rear with a adjustable pan hard bar and I’m doing the 15” conversion in the rear with Viking double adjustable shocks

Users who are viewing this thread