Need some help... Won't go into first for reverse

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Going back 5 years ago I ordered the wrong clutch. Instead of ordering the Rxt I accidently ordered the Original street twin w/ flywheel (see link below) The clutch was $1600.00 back then.
ORIGINAL STREET TWIN ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL - Original Street Twin - Aluminum Flywheel - Original Street Twin - Clutch Kits

Over the years seems like it was getting harder and harder to get car in gear. Last 2 years car hasn't moved much. 2 months ago I took the car out to burn the gas and change the oil. When you start the car it's almost impossible to get car into first gear or reverse gear. I did notice tho if the car's NOT running you can row through the gears like butter. So I start the car in gear.

Once the car's moving it shifts pretty good 2-4th gears.

bigmoose

Established Member
What cable? OEM?

Cable could have stretched. I had issues with an adjustable cable that stretched and have issues. New OEM cable and it's like butter now. I do have an aftermarket quadrant and adjuster.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
What cable? OEM?

Cable could have stretched. I had issues with an adjustable cable that stretched and have issues. New OEM cable and it's like butter now. I do have an aftermarket quadrant and adjuster.

Original clutch cable. I have the Maximum Motorsport quadrant. I’ve only have 20,000 miles on the car. Can’t see the cable being stretched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I'am on my 2nd RXT, it barely has 2000 miles and mine is hard to put in reverse, very notchy, and my TOB is making noise :mad: I wonder if i just got a bad tranny?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'am on my 2nd RXT, it barely has 2000 miles and mine is hard to put in reverse, very notchy, and my TOB is making noise :mad: I wonder if i just got a bad tranny?

Stock or aftermarket quadrant? If it's not adjusted right shifting will be difficult.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Ford Racing quadrant and adjuster with oem cable. I read through all the adjusting the cable and proper adjustment of the TOB no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread