Need some Info on TEXAS MILE EVENT

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Put in a cage and proper safety gear. When a tire comes apart at 199 and you lose control of your ride, maybe you'll be thankful for the cage and harnesses if you barrel roll a few times?

Safety equipment is life insurance. I wouldnt gamble with my life if I was driving those speeds, but to each their own.

Btw, what do you drive? This new site format doesn't let me see any sigs.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Put in a cage and proper safety gear. When a tire comes apart at 199 and you lose control of your ride, maybe you'll be thankful for the cage and harnesses if you barrel roll a few times?

Safety equipment is life insurance. I wouldnt gamble with my life if I was driving those speeds, but to each their own.

Btw, what do you drive? This new site format doesn't let me see any sigs.

Im not Caging my Car. Ive Had a Good Run.
2014 Shelby GT500 sitting at 750+hp. I wannt get a certified 200+mph run before I replace the 3.73s with 4.10s

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't you need a fast car?

I'd look at auto swapping your car, even though it is slow already, as I have heard 4th gear is tricky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeHoncho

Who cares...
Established Member
They won't let you run anymore if you break 200 without a cage. But go do it anyway. At 750 whp, you're not going to break 200, so don't worry about it.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
All joking aside, I talked to a guy who was just there. He has a cage and said that after watching a few super cars built for 200mph+ wreck, he would not risk running without one.

Tezz500

Established Member
Don't you need a fast car?

I'd look at auto swapping your car, even though it is slow already, as I have heard 4th gear is tricky.

4th gear matters fer sher

They won't let you run anymore if you break 200 without a cage. But go do it anyway. At 750 whp, you're not going to break 200, so don't worry about it.

Sweet. shouldnt need a cage then.

Lol, I was going to say your car isnt 200mph capable bud. Looks like 2 people have already beat me to it.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2013-gt500-goes-193-6-mph-at-the-texas-mile.927981/

These cars are aerodynamic bricks. I bet the S550 cars have more top speed potential.

Ive never seen anyone suck more 5.0 dick than you brah.

EDIT: just going over the video in the link you provided.. Im noticing:
1. Stock gearing, (I have 3.73s)
2. 50+ more HP at the wheels (with 3.73s vs his stock 3.31s which means that actually abit more had I dynoed on stock gearing)
3. He seems to have short shifter and went into 6th?

Doing the Math I should be able to clip 200mph just around 6800RPM in 5th Gear. If I dont run out of road....

All joking aside, I talked to a guy who was just there. He has a cage and said that after watching a few super cars built for 200mph+ wreck, he would not risk running without one.

Yolo.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
:(
What does a 5.0 have to do with your car not capable of running 200mph in the mile? Even a fellow 13/14 GT500 owner with more mods then you knows you aren't at the 200mph level. :lol:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Serpent riding hard on them 5-O-nuts!

Go for it brah, just save the 200 pass attempt for the last run... make sure to video it.

Tezz500

Established Member
Oh trust me I plan on it.

As for whether or not I can pull it off, that wasn't even in the question of the thread. But I like shit like that. Should be fun to come back and make a few faggits eat their words.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I would make triple sure you tires are good for that speed then go for it. They only require a 4 point roll bar which in reality isn't going to do shit in a 200 MPH rollover. That said, I'd be very surprised if your car goes 200. Regardless, make sure to dump in a lot of extra octane and have something to watch IAT's on or else you'll be in for an expensive ride. A mile of WOT is no joke. This isn't something you should plan on driving in off the street for and just ripping off a couple passes.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Oh trust me I plan on it.

As for whether or not I can pull it off, that wasn't even in the question of the thread. But I like shit like that. Should be fun to come back and make a few faggits eat their words.
It's not a knock on your car, just being a realist. Again, these cars (s197 in general) are aerodynamic bricks. Just look at it! Hope you get it on video too. :D

For reference I remember this thread, I had to search for it:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/13-6-kit-hitting-200mph-chime-in.1055635/

Have you done a run in Mexico to see where you stand at the moment? use the track apps and see how fast you can get within 1 mile.

Tezz500

Established Member
It's not a knock on your car, just being a realist. Again, these cars (s197 in general) are aerodynamic bricks. Just look at it! Hope you get it on video too. :D

For reference I remember this thread, I had to search for it:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/13-6-kit-hitting-200mph-chime-in.1055635/

Have you done a run in Mexico to see where you stand at the moment? use the track apps and see how fast you can get within 1 mile.

Negative. No Mexico Runs. rather get this one on the books legit.

It's a standing mile event, correct?

correct

No, you sit down in a car.

also correct.

Update:
Gonna Replace the Clutch and Do new rubber all around before I attempt this. March might be too soon. Ill keep you faggits posted.

Users who are viewing this thread