Need some MACA muscle

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Jason, I can drive the Jeep down there if you want. Wouldn't want her to hurt your fancy-schmancy SUV lol. I want bigger tires anyway, so she can slash mine all she wants.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So we can all look like a bunch of migrant workers riding in the back of your pick-up to throw some lady's entire life out onto her lawn! :beer:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Pics will be taken

If anyone else can help it would be greatly appreciated

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Already cleared the day off with my boss. Meeting at your house then riding to the old house? So 9:30 or so?

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Being able to relate... I would lend a helping hand Jason, but I will be working during those hours. Don't think I would get as much enjoyment out of someone's misfortune as others but...

Be thankful you're not renting property in Baltimore City. They just past a law that prohibits tenants' things being put out on the street curb. If the landlord removes the tenants property, it must be hauled away and put into storage. Afterwards, the tenant can sue for any damages to property and for anything that's missing.

I remember when it was fair game and anything went... but times are changing.

I would look into the recourse your tenant may have before you let people start "tossing" their belongings on your lawn.

Mustafa

Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Fine by me Dale! You may want to drive, the locksmith may be there for a bit.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I'm not concerned about any recourse since they can't pay rent. I also was notified by the court after filing with the court that I'm 5-6 inline for creditors trying to collect or garnish wages. I won't see any money I've lost. She has no money! People can feel sorry about her situation but if I can't pay the mortgage then I get them same treatment.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
I believe Mustafa meant the recourse that your tenant could take against you, if your crew damages any of her belongings during the toss-fest...suggesting that it might be worth looking into the laws for AA County to protect yourself.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I believe Mustafa meant the recourse that your tenant could take against you, if your crew damages any of her belongings during the toss-fest...suggesting that it might be worth looking into the laws for AA County to protect yourself.

I understand exactly what he meant and I'm really not worried. She owes me a large sum of money, do you actually think she wants to play this game. The sheriff will be there, if she has a problem with the eviction, she can take it up with him or pay me. She owes me rent, utilities, locksmith charges, damages to the property already, plumbing bill and water bill.

Last edited:

LadyJame

Proud wife of a NAVY Vet!
Established Member
Handle this with a level head. I can understand how pissed you are, but 2 wrongs don't always make a right. Those kind of people always find a way to get through the system! Anyway, today's the big day so keep us posted on how it goes. Try to keep a running list of what you toss out, at the very least, because if in case she does own something valuable she may say it was "stolen." Best of luck!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Toss it all you want!!!! Have a smash fest!!! Furniture left in the house at the time of eviction is considered abandoned. She had plenty of notice to remove it and chose to leave it there.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Eviction was postponed! She was granted a stay of eviction for extreme hardship at 4:25 yesterday. The District Court House closed at 4:30, paperwork was filed at 3:30 and done at closing. She worked the system well.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Eviction was postponed! She was granted a stay of eviction for extreme hardship at 4:25 yesterday. The District Court House closed at 4:30, paperwork was filed at 3:30 and done at closing. She worked the system well.

My bad -

I've been through this before and should have mentioned this was also a possibility. AA Courts are Pro-Tenant in nature, and very difficult to deal with. Howard or PG and they would be out.

Users who are viewing this thread