Need some questions answered to help me finish my vortech install

jakesspv6

Established Member
I was just wondering if you guys can answer a couple of questions for me so I can finish installing my intercooled vortech s trim on my 96 cobra. This is my first supercharged car and I need help with the last little bit.

1. Has anyone ran an areomotive stealth 340 pump in their car? If so, did you upgrade the wiring and if you didn't how did it run?

2. I am installing a Anderson power pipe onto the car and was wondering what you used to plug the holes on it? I do not need the one for the bypass valve since I am running a BOV and I only need 1 of them for the vacuum hose running from the passenger side valve cover.

3. Has anyone converted their car to a slot style MAF? how did you wire the new connector? I found a write up that discusses the different colored wires, but on my new connector, the wires are all black so matching the colors are a little harder.

Any and all help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.
85A8B68A-AB0B-4810-ACD6-7CBAC06BAD11.jpg

Last edited:

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
I can't help on #1 because the fuel pump I used was direct plug n play.

For closing up the bungs on the power pipe I went to the hardware store and picked up rubber tips for chair legs, works perfect. These are them.....

pACE3-998171reg.jpg

As far as wiring the slot style MAF, I just followed this diagram. You'll have to wire in the IAT as well.

35655d1361717626-maf-wiring-sensorwiring.jpg

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
Also I must mention when splicing the MAF wiring make sure you are soldering the wires. You don't want the wiring having a shitty connection during WOT and blow the motor because of it.

jakesspv6

Established Member
Thank you guys for your help. but just one more question. I just about have everything set up, would it be ok to start the car with no tune? just keep it in idle? also, if it is ok to start it, would I be able to drive it up a trailer so I can get it tuned?

cbrown9064

Established Member
Thank you guys for your help. but just one more question. I just about have everything set up, would it be ok to start the car with no tune? just keep it in idle? also, if it is ok to start it, would I be able to drive it up a trailer so I can get it tuned?
If you have a different MAF and different injectors with a stock tune, it won't run.

What are you using to to tune it? Usually you tuner can give you a startup tune that you can use to get it on a trailer. Otherwise, you will have to winch it on the trailer...

jakesspv6

Established Member
If you have a different MAF and different injectors with a stock tune, it won't run.

What are you using to to tune it? Usually you tuner can give you a startup tune that you can use to get it on a trailer. Otherwise, you will have to winch it on the trailer...

Yea I changed to 60lb injectors and a ba5000. I need to start it up and let it run so I can burp the coolant and such. So I guess I need to ask my tuner for a start up tune?

'97cobraSVT

Established Member
Im running a 340 stealth pump with no issues, works mint on my procharged 97 cobra. As far as the MAF, I choose a slot style from VMP and bought the connector pigtail from them that plugs into your factory MAF plug and adapts it to the slot style meter. To cap the inlet in my anderson power pipe, I found a company online that sells rubber / vinyl round caps that I put on the inlet and then clamped it. Looks like it was meant to be there. I had to buy like 30 of them from the company though, so I have a ton of extra ones. If you PM me your address, I'll mail one out to you.

Users who are viewing this thread