Need some Tuner help

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
Well i am starting to work on my cobra again and damn stuff has changed in the last few years. Does anybody know of any good tuners in the Tri-state with good recommendations? Forgive me for being ignorant on the alot of this. The car was tuned by PSI motorsport in PA but they have since left PA(before that it was Lund SR) and i will be upgrading to a Whipple 3.0 that i just bought coming from a whipple2.3 (thank you LP). Eventually i would like to post alot more questions to get the input from the guys here who kept up with changing times. Starting with tuning, Are people still using the stock computers or are most going to a holley based system or Mega squirt? I still have the X3 but is there something better were i can see outputs on the fly( kinda like a Cobb for the focus st).
Current setup in the car: Whipple 2.3/Livernois stroker/SRA/T56(683/605tq on 15psi)
I would also like to change over my fuel system to something in-tank if you guys have recommendations.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The ECU choice depends on who's tuning it. Plenty of people are still running the stock ECU. I'm happy with the Megasquirt, but I also enjoy tuning my own car. And I wanted some extra options the stand alone stuff has that the stock ECU doesn't.

I've seen guys using the X4 as a display. Or you can run something like an Aeroforce gauge with the stock ECU.

Are you already running a return system?

Last edited:

1FastFord

Established Member
I recently had mine tuned at mustang magic. Only place I would trust around here

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I have MS3 on my car now and he doesn't deal with MS3, but if you have the stock ECU or want to go Holley, Second Street Speed 100%. Bill tuned quite a few of my cars over the years, including my stock longblock 2.3 whipple cobra (9.7@141 on c16). He can and does make the most out of the stock ECU.

If you're going with the 3.0 and want to make some power, it's a good time to consider an aftermarket ECU though. Obviously Ms3 PnP is one, but there is also a company offering a wiring harness for Holley that makes it practically PnP.

As for fuel, what are your goals?

Users who are viewing this thread