Need tire advice

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
So I ran through a set of BFG drag radials in less than two months, the compound was very soft.. I think they are/were the G force KDW with the old school original tread pattern.
315/35/17 on a 17x10.5 wheel with no spacer but I do have the low profile IRS bolts for my IRS.
Needless to say I want something that will last a little longer, 1500-2000 miles isn't long enough for me on a tire. I mainly drive the streets, I have not hit the track yet.. I do drive fairly hard some days though and put 500 to the tires so traction IS a big thing for me.

Any recommendations on tires anyone?
As long as they fit my 17x10.5 wheel and I'm willing to use spacers if I have to.

I was looking at the Nittos, they seem to hold up well but I am all ears.

Thanks, Joe

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The best drag radial for life and street traction is the Nitto NT555R. People typically see anywhere from 5K to 10K miles out a pair (even more sometimes) depending on use. Heres' the link with more details.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

You should also consider heat cycling your next pair of drag radials. Heat cycling helps with consistant traction as well as life. We perform this service for only $15.00 per tire.

Heat Cycling - Discount Tire Direct

Last edited:

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
The best drag radial for life and street traction is the Nitto NT555R. People typically see anywhere from 5K to 10K miles out a pair (even more sometimes) depending on use. Heres' the link with more details.
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
You should also consider heat cycling your next pair of drag radials. Heat cycling helps with consistant traction as well as life. We perform this service for only $15.00 per tire.
Heat Cycling - Discount Tire Direct
I wasn't sure if I was even going to go with another drag radial. If I want to get traction I guess I better huh?
I was also looking at the NT05 and NT05R. Even 5000 miles out of a tire would be nice, this 2000ish if I make it that far didn't cut it. Just glad I didn't pay for them. The BFG's looked mean and grabbed well after warmed up, I also liked how wide they looked.
Don't the Nittos run a little more narrow?
I assume I pay for shipping if I were to do the Heat Cycle?
Also with the Heat Cycling, do you do this before I initally receive the tires?

Thanks for all your help

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I wasn't sure if I was even going to go with another drag radial. If I want to get traction I guess I better huh?
I was also looking at the NT05 and NT05R. Even 5000 miles out of a tire would be nice, this 2000ish if I make it that far didn't cut it. Just glad I didn't pay for them. The BFG's looked mean and grabbed well after warmed up, I also liked how wide they looked.
Don't the Nittos run a little more narrow?
I assume I pay for shipping if I were to do the Heat Cycle?
Also with the Heat Cycling, do you do this before I initally receive the tires?

Thanks for all your help

For traction a DOT approved Drag radial will give you the most. My second recommendation would be the NT05 or the NT05R (NT05R is currently on back order). With the NT05 you'll give up a little traction but you'll gain in life and cornering performance. The NT05 has a stiffer sidewall which helps the tire corner hard without giving out.

Nittos do run a little narrower than BFG's.

shipping is FREE for the lower 48 states and Canada. Canadian residents will pay duties, custom fees and taxes up front with their purchase.

There is no additional shipping charges for tires that are heat cycled. Heat cycling is done in our warehouse before the product ships to you. This actually works out well because it gives the tire the necessary time it needs to cool and cure properly before you mount them up.

Users who are viewing this thread