Need tires for my Alcoa's

acobra03

Established Member
I just received my Alcoa's for my 2009 GT500. I have 20x9's for the front and 20x10's for the rear. The car has the FR3 lowering suspension. What tire sizes do you recommend front and rear? I drive the car about 3000 miles a year and am looking for a tire that has good straight line grip. Can you give me some recommendations please.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post. We would be happy to help.

What are the offsets on the wheels? What tire model are you driving on now and what are your likes and dislikes with this model?

acobra03

Established Member
Tires and Wheels. 20″ Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear); Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear ...This is what is on the Shelby Super Snake, I couldn't find the offset specifications.

What is currently on my GT500 is a 18inch Goodyear F1 tire all around. It's a very hard tire with little traction. I want something stickier. I don't have my heart set on any particular brand.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the additional information.

I recommend looking into the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. This model offers excellent dry (and wet) traction. Suggested sizes are 255/40-20 for the front and 285/35-20 for the rear. Here are the links with more details on the rear size.

Ratings, reviews and specifications for Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires

We do not currently stock this tire model in the 255/40-20 size but we do have a pair currently available. The cost per tire is only $460.00 with FREE delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread