Need to find a GOOD shop in VA beach area

TheGoaT

Established Member
Screaming01L said:
You probably need to upgrade your forums software. We had the same issue with spam bots. To the post at hand, if you want to get tunned in North Carolina, contact Ronnie, he uses author todd and has a VERY fast truck

Sadly, I cant use the timeslip database or vbgarage when I upgrade to the latest version of vbulletin which is why Ive kept 3.5.

TheGoaT

Established Member
To the OP, any of these shops can do the job for you, but if you really want to learn something about your truck, and find out exactly where you want it to go, you need to take the drive up to JJ@WMS. The guy specializes in lightnings and knows his stuff more than anyone Ive met.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
TheGoaT said:
To the OP, any of these shops can do the job for you, but if you really want to learn something about your truck, and find out exactly where you want it to go, you need to take the drive up to JJ@WMS. The guy specializes in lightnings and knows his stuff more than anyone Ive met.

See my sig

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
I didnt realize there were so many of you guys in this area! Ive been wondering the EXACT same thing, looking for a tuner. We schedule a ride or something...

qwklightning

Established Member
I've heard alot of good things about DTP racing in Cheasepeake, just talked to a guy today from the South Eastern Virginia Mustang Club about them, they tuned his supercharged Roush and he speaks very highly of them. Said they are very proffesional and know alot about Ford products. I'm just across the boarder in NC and will probably be going to them when it's time to get mine tuned.

Last edited:

soniclightning

Established Member
I've got tunes from DTP and Ed Clark in the past. I would have to recommend Ed. He was more knowledgeable and he has also always given me a great tune at the best price.

kbornothing

SVT Poster
Established Member
Well if Ed Clark tunes anywhere I guess ill take my car up to Steen and ask if they can get Ed to tune it. I just dont want to go to Steen and they say Ed doesnt tune for them, and then say I dont want them to tune my car.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
qwklightning said:
I've heard alot of good things about DTP racing in Cheasepeake, just talked to a guy today from the South Eastern Virginia Mustang Club about them, they tuned his supercharged Roush and he speaks very highly of them. Said they are very proffesional and know alot about Ford products. I'm just across the boarder in NC and will probably be going to them when it's time to get mine tuned.
They may be better now, but I personally know of a coup[le trucks that blew up on DTP tunes. Bu that was a few years ago, so Brent may be a bit better now.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
kbornothing said:
Well if Ed Clark tunes anywhere I guess ill take my car up to Steen and ask if they can get Ed to tune it. I just dont want to go to Steen and they say Ed doesnt tune for them, and then say I dont want them to tune my car.
I would call Steen first. You never know where their relationship is on any given week.

Users who are viewing this thread