Need to find original owner of my car...let's see if svt can do it

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Okay, this might be a HUGE stretch as I am the 4th owner, and I'm looking for owner 1 and 2. Please DO NOT POST NAMES on this thread as I would like to keep them private for the previous owners sake. Any names or contact information, please send to my PM unless its you ;-)

I am just looking for some information. It all started when I did my blower swap. There was RTV on places that should not have had RTV on them, so I knew the blower had been off before and then I found these....

anedy4ah.jpg

vy5y5ege.jpg

Thanks to the help of a couple members, I found out that these should be on the BACK of the heads, meaning the heads have been off or possibly the engine has been pulled. It was not done at a dealership, so I'm interested as to why.

I'm still in touch with the owner before me and he's been great giving me information about the car, so here's what I know:

- The car was traded to Tustin Toyota in Irvine around 7 years ago with ~26k miles (my guess is anywhere from 2005-2006)
- Its a torch red 10th anniversary #8052 and it had polished '99 rims on it at the time.
- It had a steeda/metco upper pulley (2.8)
- Car had a Borla Stinger Catback.

Here is the oasis report thanks to brian97cobra :beer:
OASIS RESULT: 1FAFP48Y13F446219
USA: EN-US
10-JANUARY-2012 / 07:46:59 / FCXWS446
VEHICLE INFORMATION

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: 2003 MUSTANG BODY STYLE: 2 DOOR COBRA COUPE ENGINE: 4.6L DOHC EFI SC
TRANSMISSION: 6 SPD TREMEC ASM T56 AXLE CODE: TE ENGINE CALIBRATION: 3ZE2SC0A
PAINT COLOR: COLORADO RED C/C PAINT CODE: D3 RADIO: CDX6+ RAD W/ SP SENS VOL CONTR
AXLE RATIO: 3.55 FINAL DRIVE RATIO WHEEL SIZE: 17 X 9 PAINTED ALUMINUM FRONT TIRE: P275/40ZR 17 BSW
WARNING MESSAGES

INCLUDES SVT PREMIUM SERVICE: LOANER-WASH-VACUUM
ACCURATE REPAIR NOTIFICATIONS

NO ARN MESSAGES FOUND
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION

WARRANTY START DATE: 05-JULY-2004 BUILD DATE: 22-JULY-2003 SALE MILEAGE
OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS

NO CAMPAIGN MESSAGE(S) FOUND
EXTENDED COVERAGES

NO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE
WARRANTY REPAIR HISTORY

NO RECENT REPAIR HISTORY ON VEHICLE
Click Here for Full Warranty History
| On-line 1878
END OF OASIS REPORT FOR 1FAFP48Y13F446219

© Copyright 2002-2012 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

VIN 1FAFP48Y13F446219
Vehicle Line C/ZE Market Derived Code F
Body Cab C/BJ Ver. Series *
Drive Type C/B
PLT CD AF TRS CD C/BB ENG CD C/WW
Production Date 22-JUL-03 Warranty Start Date 05-JUL-04
Selling Dealer 148048 Selling Country USA

AWS Claim Key Time In Service Labor Hours Dealership DIST (Miles) Repair Date Prefix Base Suffix Doc
Details 7026730 1 .6 JEROME-DUNCAN, INC. 405 14-JUL-04 3R3Z 2457 BA 24198801
Customer Comments REPAIR BRAKE AND CLUTCH PEDAL PADS SPLIT CAME OFF
Tech Comments PADAL AND CLUTCH 01 WP 2457 T53 01 REPLACE BRAKE AND CLUTCH PAEDAL PAD ASYS..
Details 10280349 10 .5 JEROME-DUNCAN, INC. 9911 01-APR-05 3R3Z 2457 BA 27994201
Customer Comments REPLACE BRAKE PEDAL PAD KEEPS COMING LOOSE. (PARTS IN)
Tech Comments 33 2457 H20 INSTALL BRAKE PEDAL COVER
Details 14874065 32 .3 LLOVIO FORD 35319 12-FEB-07 * * * 01843953
Customer Comments RECALL # 06S43 CARPET INTERFERNCE TO ACCELERATOR PEDAL
Tech Comments . INSTALLED ACCEL PEDAL SHIELD
Details 14874064 32 .5 LLOVIO FORD 35319 12-FEB-07 * 18806 * 01843951
Customer Comments CUST STATES THAT C D DONT PLAY AND DONT EJECT
Tech Comments REMOVED RADIO AND SENT OUT FOR REPAIRS RECIEVED RADIO AND INSTALLED RETESTED OK
Details 15070611 32 0 VISTEON AFTERMARKET - U.S. 35319 13-FEB-07 3R3T 18C815 KA 05282112
Customer Comments
Tech Comments REQUESTING DEALER'S P/A CODE 05449

Sagittaria

Established Member
I had the same issue. I know my motor was pulled before (engine blew 20 miles down the road from the dealer, replaced under warranty). I'm assuming the dealership forgot to hook those things up.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/769800-cop-capacitors.html

I later figured out later what they were (like you did) and did the same thing your previous owner did... except a little better at hiding them. I put mine hidden next to the fuel rail bolt.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I had the same issue. I know my motor was pulled before (engine blew 20 miles down the road from the dealer, replaced under warranty). I'm assuming the dealership forgot to hook those things up.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/769800-cop-capacitors.html

I later figured out later what they were (like you did) and did the same thing your previous owner did... except a little better at hiding them. I put mine hidden next to the fuel rail bolt.

Weird!! The car runs like a top now, but it would be nice to know what was replaced that would leave those up top

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well.. seems like to me you know the previous owner...and he knows the dealership he bought it from.. Sounds like you should give the dealership a call to find out the name of the guy that traded it in (they have records), then when you get a hold of him, ask him who he bought it from.

Piece of cake. :beer: Good luck!

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Well.. seems like to me you know the previous owner...and he knows the dealership he bought it from.. Sounds like you should give the dealership a call to find out the name of the guy that traded it in (they have records), then when you get a hold of him, ask him who he bought it from.

Piece of cake. :beer: Good luck!

Nice! :beer: I will try Monday, but do you think they will just give me the name? I'm going to vote no, but it is worth a shot to find out what the hell happened to this car! Great suggestion! :rockon:

hotcobra03

Established Member
in your second pic i see a extra hose? do you have a head cooling mod?

that can explain why they were relocated..

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Yeah, I put the head cooling mod in after i bought the car. When i went to go look at the car and do a compression test, they were already there. PO said he bought it like that and left them because he had no idea what they were

ctgreddy

Established Member
makes sense now if it has the style head cooling mod which you pull the trans and put into the back of the head, however I dont know if that has anything to do with those capacitors. That said, i always thought it said on the oasis report who the car was originally sold to.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Nice find. Did someone car FAX your car? My car has a past History I wonder of someone could look it up not sure what owner I was second I think ?
Pm me

vr4

Established Member
makes sense now if it has the style head cooling mod which you pull the trans and put into the back of the head, however I dont know if that has anything to do with those capacitors. That said, i always thought it said on the oasis report who the car was originally sold to.

It doesn't. iirc it will tell you the original dealer the car was sold to but any dealer trades after that won't be listed.

Good luck getting any dealer to release any information on the previous owner. Pretty sure that's illegal.

If you get someone nice and willing to help they might make a call to the po to see if they are ok with you contacting them or pass your info onto them to contact you. Doubt it though.

badazzebz06

Established Member
dealership wont release info like that believe me i tried to find out who owned my 02 z06 and they wouldnt tell me told them i found a dry cleaning receipt in it and they told me the manager used the car to run errands....bunch of jack offs

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
:shrug:
Nice! :beer: I will try Monday, but do you think they will just give me the name? I'm going to vote no, but it is worth a shot to find out what the hell happened to this car! Great suggestion! :rockon:

Don't ask the sales people... ask the service manager. Most of the time they are gear heads as well, and are willing to shed information like this. I'm sure the service manager will help you out!

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Big thanks to mac99snake! Got some much needed information. Sadly, not really want i wanted to hear. I am the 6th owner of the car that started its life at a dealer in Michigan. Good news (well sort of) is that it was owned my advanced auto and there was a phone number so I'm gonna call tomorrow (I have finals today) and see if they will give me any info on who pulled the heads.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Big thanks to mac99snake! Got some much needed information. Sadly, not really want i wanted to hear. I am the 6th owner of the car that started its life at a dealer in Michigan. Good news (well sort of) is that it was owned my advanced auto and there was a phone number so I'm gonna call tomorrow (I have finals today) and see if they will give me any info on who pulled the heads.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Wow michigan to San Diego. Quite the change in scenery.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Yeah, some of this stuff is crazy. Second owner had it for 20 days, third a month and fourth 3 months!!

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Lol!

Dead end on the car. Short of begging for the previous owners name, the dealer and advanced auto have no records of any issues with the heads. Couple minor things like something with the trunk, but that's it

Users who are viewing this thread