Need to get stronger replacement axles, any suggestions?

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I'm pretty sure I got a bent axle, we tried balancing wheels, different set of wheels, did pinion angle, and there is still wobble in the rear at slow speed and anything past 90. Might as well put sometging stronger in there. I'm looking for as straight forward swap as possible. Any place that sells ready to install axles with abs rings already pressed on, studs installed?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I got a bent axle, we tried balancing wheels, different set of wheels, did pinion angle, and there is still wobble in the rear at slow speed and anything past 90. Might as well put sometging stronger in there. I'm looking for as straight forward swap as possible. Any place that sells ready to install axles with abs rings already pressed on, studs installed?

www.moserengineering.com

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I don't think their axles come with abs rings or studs already pressed in...

Getting the old rings removed and pressed back onto the Mosers is not a big deal if you have a local machine shop. The interference between the ABS ring and the axle is so loose that a person could almost do it with their hands. <<Well not quite, but it is not a tight fit.

I'm pretty sure my Moser Street Axles came with studs already installed.

0063_zpsfb08ff58.jpg

R

Last edited:

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
I've got Moser street axles. They installed the studs for me. I bought new abs reluctors and had a local performance axle shop press them on.

Steve

andymarkv

Established Member
I did what TORQJNKY suggested in the thread below and bought the Strange replacement axles with screw in studs. Although I went with 3" studs so I could run slicks with open lug nuts if I wanted to.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?922387-Bent-axle
Yes they are direct replacements. P/N is P3112 Mustang C-clip Axle Kit 05 & UP $249.50. You will also need to order wheel studs as the axles don't come with them. You've got two options for studs, press in or screw in. I ordered the screw in to save me money on having them pressed in. They are the 1/2x20x2" Wheel Stud Kit P/N A1025 $20.54. Total for everything shipped was about $305.00.

I couldn't fit my axles in my press...so I just used a prybar and worked them off my stock axles. I did beat up the reluctor teeth a little...but nothing some quick file work didn't fix.
I just drove them on the new axles with a hammer and piece of brass.
***NOTE*** If you get the screw in studs don't forget your red Loctite and put your studs in FIRST, then your reluctor rings! The stud bolt heads interfere with the ring and you'll be taking them back off....ask me how I know....

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I just got strange 31 spline axles with the ABS ring and longer studs. That was recommended and used by my tuner. Also putting in an Eaton Tru Trac bevause my stock diff seems to be going bad. I was having a hard time to get both wheels to spin during my burn outs.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I just got strange 31 spline axles with the ABS ring and longer studs. That was recommended and used by my tuner. Also putting in an Eaton Tru Trac bevause my stock diff seems to be going bad. I was having a hard time to get both wheels to spin during my burn outs.

I did a True Trac with mine also, and am very happy.

R

Users who are viewing this thread