Need to see KS Data

RoyWoods

Established Member
Does anyone have, or can anyone make, a datalog with the Autotap software? I'd like to see the values (voltage readings) that the Knock Sensors are giving under normal driving conditions (e.g. cruising) and at WOT. I think mine are going haywire, thus causing timing to be pulled, but I need to be able to compare it to someone's "good data." Ideally, I could see a graph that contained Engine RPM's, ITA, KS1, and KS2 data. However, any information I can get on the Knock Sensor readings would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RoyWoods

Established Member
Double"O" said:
SCT Raptor software can do it, and Tweecer as well

I appreciate the information, but I don't have an XCal2, nor do I want to spend $400 to do one test. (Nobody around here has one that I can borrow either). The XCal2 also measures Knock Retard, which it's my understanding should be "zero," whereas the AutoTap gives a voltage number for it's readings.

Anyone have any AutoTap data?

RoyWoods

Established Member
Jamie R. said:
Will a predator record what you need?

Jamie R.
'01 Cobra

I'm pretty sure it will. If you, or someone else, can datalog the Engine RPM's, Ignition Timing Advance, KS1, and KS2 variables and give me the numbers or a graph, I think it'll give me what I need. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread