• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Need your expert advise please

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by jburnette88, Aug 15, 2019.

1. ZYBORG

ZYBORG Let's roll.. Premium Member Established Member

Definitely.

OP should buy Phoenix’s car. A lot of car for the money.

PhoenixM3 and 13COBRA like this.
  2. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Established Member

I agree!

3. Robert M

Robert M 800 HORSE FUN!! Established Member

Nope, I don't see any mention of HP rating...........there is a reason, it is an entry level 6XX HP Super Snake. Originally they were 605HP and since this is an early number build, I would say it is a 605. It is the 725's that are the bigger money Super Snakes, the 605's were not so "super" once the factory offer 662HP from the Ford assy. line.

It doesn't even have the "big brake option" on the rear, just the standard 14" Baer upgrade on the front with the miniature oem single rear caliper and standard Baer Eradispeed rear rotor upgrade. I would guess it probably does not have the Eibach coilover option, since the original owner chose the entry level HP?

^^^^Just my quick glance observations.

The problem is, most GT500 owners "lump" all Super Snakes into one category, but reality is, all Super Snakes are not the same.

R

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. 1Kona_Venom

1Kona_Venom A&P Mechanic Established Member

no

$45k-$55k would get you a very nice '13-'14, non SS.

5. Robert M

Robert M 800 HORSE FUN!! Established Member

It is the ultimate "Shelby built" Shelby GT500.

When Ford was at 500HP, the upper end Super Snake was 725/750. When Ford was at 550HP, the Super Snake upper end option was 800. When 662HP came out, the Super Snake moved to 850.

The cooling system and suspension parts that are either standard installs or options for the Super Snake are the same parts that are "Joe Lunchbox" install parts in owners private garages to make their GT500 perform better than it did from the Ford assy. line, the only difference in most cases is the Shelby parts are Shelby engraved/ logoed.

So if these same mods that are installed on a Super Snake do not make it better than the oem GT500 from Ford for a specific year, then we all might as well pull all of the modded parts off of our cars because the mod parts do not make the car stronger/faster than it was "as it came from Ford".

The only difference is........Shelby installed the parts on the Super Snake and it has a CSM number making "1 of a very few" instead of "1 of many" at the car show (or roaming the street).

I do agree that $60K+ is wayyyy too much money for an entry level 605HP Super Snake, the 725's are much more desirable from this era and perform much better than the entry level 6XX.

Just think.........just now Ford/SVT is in the 7XXHP level with the production GT500, 10+ years after Shelby offered this on the Super Snake. I am interested what Shelby will do with the 2020 Super Snake? 950HP? 1000+?

R

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    biminiLX and lexustech48 like this.