Neighbor Drama - Need opinions

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
No.. acting like a woman makes you a woman. You win 10/10 on that front so congrats.

You appear to be a tight ass who wants things your way only. Yet you cant figure out why the guy wont "compromise"?

LMAO... you and @Never_Enough should hang out.... perhaps become neighbors!

This is a good point and since OP is this far down the rabbit hole due to being a homo/one-way neighbor, probably best he doesnt give the guy an opportunity to make some money off of him (if he has any).

No way. It's way more fun to use someone's property everyday but have no legal attachment to it and allow it to be run into the ground because......... why not? AINT MY PROBLEM!

Let me check on our buddy. I forgot all about him

Smm7PT

Established Member
OP thinks he’s got it bad, hell every time I wash any of my vehicles my neighbor puts out fresh bird seed...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
It's trivial except for the fact theres enough leaves and debris on the easement up front to fill 15 lowes bags. It will take half a saturday to properly do it. Hence why I haven't had time, and he's breathing down my neck about it.

Not really interested in waiving contractual statements around. I think it comes down to frequency of getting it done, and that he wants to have a very black and white agreement of "You do it every second weekend every other month". Whereas, I'm like no, if I get invited to be on a boat, need to fix my car, work on the house, or am sick, I am going to be doing that instead. I'll get to it when I can.

He doesn't like that idea. Said i'm not a "Man of my word". lol. okay
Bug sprayer filled with diesel and a properly placed match will clean it up, and the fire dept will rinse the driveway.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
LOL some of these responses are gold. Frankly the best idea is round up or the Dawn detergent. get rid of that shit once and for all and you only have to redo it a couple of times a year. you could also pour some used motor oil on it that would be a one time fix.

if you have a friend with an oil leak you could get him to park his car at the end of the easement and let it drip oil and not have to worry about the EPA

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Told em to get some quotes and let my better judgement prevail.

What's ironic about this whole situation is as this dude bitches about the easement/yards, he hasn't weed wacked once around his house in the entire two years of living there. Grass is cut low with foot long weeds/grass against the house and fences.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Mention to him that his yard needs some attention. And I would put a cap on the frequency and the amount you’re willing to contribute to the easement maintenance and request a copy of the itemized bill. Wouldn’t put it past this d-bag to try to screw you out of a few bucks.

My94GT

Established Member
Stuff like this is why I’m so glad I love the neighbors I share a driveway with. We work together all year round. I do snow removal and we both handle putting down salt, during the warm months if he gets to it first he cuts my front yard while doing his and we all enjoy dinner together occasionally.

In the case of the OP, I would reference the contract. Really though how much property are we talking about?

FJohnny

Established Member
What's ironic about this whole situation is as this dude bitches about the easement/yards, he hasn't weed wacked once around his house in the entire two years of living there.

Ironic indeed to live next to a dick that doesn't wack.

One of you had to bend and be the bigger man. Glad you'll finally be able to put this whole thing behind you.

Wishing you good luck and hoping this will be the last time you need to deal with this A-hole.

ZEN357

Established Member
Tell him if he wants it done on a certain timeline to do it himself otherwise you will do it when you feel it needs done and he should shut the **** up

I agree. Do you what you want, don't speak to him, ignore him, don't lend him anything. Avoid him at all possible cost. If you have to correspond with him get it in writing, email/text. You could go as so far as to tell him to stay away from you. If he sets foot on your land call the cops. Put up no trespassing signs.

jaxbusa

Established Member
We really need to see the easement and how close you and your neighbor are.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I’ve lived in my house since April 2018...

I still don’t think 90% of my neighbors know I exist....

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I bring you the most amazing drawing you've ever laid eyes on.

Note: This is pre-us owning the home. No pool or anything anymore.

upload_2019-2-13_11-10-0.png

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Threads like this make me love my 40 acre slice of wooded heaven even more lol.

Makes me really happy to have great neighbors. I have only had to threaten violence (after 2 calls to the cops) on one guy (ex-cop habitual trespasser with possible mental issues) who doesn't live in my neighborhood, but he got the point and doesn't come around anymore.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I bring you the most amazing drawing you've ever laid eyes on.

Note: This is pre-us owning the home. No pool or anything anymore.

View attachment 1551482

I'm confused by the picture. I thought you were at the end of a cul-de-sac with only 2 houses and a shared drive. The picture doesn't depict a cul-de-sac and shows 3 houses. So, who owns the easement? Dem or owners? Or, do dem share the easement of the owners with you?

Sorry to beat this to death, as you have come to a resolution, but this is just out of curiosity.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Our house:
  • On small cul-de-sac style road with only two houses on it.
  • Lane ends in front of my home.
  • I have an easement on my neighbors property for a small portion of the road, and then an easement on the small plot of land our lane runs through to get to the main road.
  • When I signed for the house, I signed for the easement rights, but none of it had any "maintenance" agreements built into it.
Neighbor:
  • Very socially awkward (his words)
  • Works at home and stares outside all day on our yard/house, and the easement.
  • Has accused my wife of cutting christmas lights (squirrel ate it), stuck his nose in every project we've considered (he ease drops, then sends a text), been relatively rude
  • Asked to borrow our riding mower multiple times, then was offended when I asked him if he'd buy me a new deck if I loaned it to him and he hit a stump/knot.
Issue:

• Easement upkeep. It's a voluntary procedure. Nothing contractual. Nothing functional. Purely aesthetic (pick up leaves, mow occasionally, etc)
  • I usually do it every 2 months. Grass grows slow there. I hate yard work. I just do it enough to keep the yard and weeds down for the dog, otherwise I don't really care too much.
  • He wants it done monthly. And has sent multiple rude/condescending messages to us implying an expected completion date like he's our boss/project manager.
  • Last straw came saturday when we had a wall taken out of our home to open the floor plan up. I'm mid project, he messages us "it's a great day for you to do yard work. Let us know if we can help. Really want it done so we can save the grass" lol.
  • I ignore him since it was rude and I didn't have time.
  • F150 was loaded down with wood/drywall at EOD saturday. I'm carrying it in. He walks to the end of the drive, looks back at me, shakes his head, and just stares at me. I'm covered in sheet rock dust/saw dust.
  • Sends another message this morning saying we need to have it kept up monthly, and that we should split the bill. And to let him know so he can make it happen.
  • I basically told him off/that we have no responsibility to him/the easement on it's upkeep. We will get it done when we can.

Long story short, he retorts that he can't speak to me because i'm irrational. I feel like his lack of perception is tragically flawed, and his list of priorities is greatly skewed. Am I being crazy?

sounds like svtp drama, just in real life.

btw thinking of moving to a John's Island...is it nice there?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Makes me really happy to have great neighbors. I have only had to threaten violence (after 2 calls to the cops) on one guy (ex-cop habitual trespasser with possible mental issues) who doesn't live in my neighborhood, but he got the point and doesn't come around anymore.
I am with you on this. I have one house next to me really close and the folks that have lived there have always been top notch neighbors. the guys living there now are awesome. while I was in the sandbox if they didn't see sandy for a couple of days one of them would come over and check on her to be sure she was ok. He also helped a couple of times when she couldn't figure out something. really awesome folks.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm confused by the picture. I thought you were at the end of a cul-de-sac with only 2 houses and a shared drive. The picture doesn't depict a cul-de-sac and shows 3 houses. So, who owns the easement? Dem or owners? Or, do dem share the easement of the owners with you?

Sorry to beat this to death, as you have come to a resolution, but this is just out of curiosity.

Looks like Dem basically wants OP to mow his yard for him.

An easement is basically the right to pass through and make improvements necessary to pass through.

Users who are viewing this thread