Neighbor Problems serious advice please (joking ok too!)

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Stay out of Idaho, Californians aint't welcome here.
Park in front of my house and I will loosen your lug nuts.

Perhaps you missed the point where I said "where you won't have any neighbors". But I will agree on Commiefornians not being welcome.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I'm with OP on this. You can't block a public street and making a false police report is illegal. I wouldn't go talk to them as they're obviously unstable individuals. It doesn't sound like his brother is blocking any of their parking, only parking by their houses... On a public street! He shouldn't have to "pre-clear" parking on a public street with anyone.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I think too many of your are envisioning the nice HOA controlled neighborhoods you live in. Not all Neighborhoods are like that. I have a big garage and a driveway that can hold 8 cars probably, but many neighborhoods are nothing like that and have basically street parking everywhere, in front of each house. Many of these houses were built with a one car garage and a very short driveway and the one car garage was converted to living space, meaning no garage and a driveway that holds one car. Now lets assume there are three drivers living in that house, that means two people have no choice but to park on the street and that might mean parking in front of someone elses. IMO - if the neighbors are so offended by the street parking in the neighborhood, they need to move to an HOA controlled neighborhood that doesn't allow street parking.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
OP - Is there a way for your brother to park the truck in your driveway or in front of your house?

People, sorry, MORONS, seem to think the street in front of their house belongs to them in every case. Mind the sarcastic people or the guys here that know everything. (Playing devil's advocate here)

Options could be: Talk to them and explain your side of things. Ask them why they couldn't just speak to you and instead, lied to police to get you to act or move your truck. Speak respectfully and adult-like, you may get further with them.

Move the truck to another spot and make sure wherever it is, it won't piss people off.

I don't care where people park around my cul-de-sac, but, I get these ****s that decide to park at the end of my driveway while they wait with their kids to get on a bus. I've lost it a few times. Other than that, people park on the little side spot about 20FT from my driveway and it doesn't bother me. I don't have time or mental capacity to be bothered by idiots any longer unless it directly and negatively affects my life in some shape or manner.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
So the street dead ends to a cul de sac with a field on the end and houses on each side? Your brother parks his truck at the end of that in front of the field?

Sounds like a scene from cops where they would roll up on two dudes ****ing and smoking meth. I can see why they would be annoyed, they thought they were getting an interesting call.

Seriously though, what is the reason he can't park the vehicle in front of your house or the driveway? That's what has caused this whole issue. The neighbors were pricks for what they did and not just knocking on your door and talking to you if they had issue, but I think being irritated by someone not parking in front of their own house is a reasonable reaction.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe an aerial Google Earth view is required.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I guess I'll be the one to say it since no one else has said it.

OP, why can't he park in front of your house? Or another spot on the street that isn't in front of your neighbors house.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I have considered talking to them but am not exactly sure how I want to approach them. My neighbors don't own the street and neither do I nor is there an HOA in my area.

I think some of you are missing the fact that these people fabricated a story in order to get the sheriff to look at the vehicle. That to me show irrational thought and pure stupidity which complicates the situation in my eyes. Had they simply talked to me or my brother than the situation would be completely different and I would not have bothered to create this thread.

So you are complaining about the exact thing you won't do. Talk to them!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Regardless, I wouldn't want someone parking right in front of my house.

I'm sure everyone would prefer to not have other people's cars parked in front of their house, but in OP's neighborhood it sounds like heavy street parking is part of the landscape and I'm sure that was apparent when these neighbors chose to buy their house. I don't think OP should do a thing but to continue to park there if needed. Let the Neighbors call the police again and see how that works out for them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is possible as well, but not likely.

I'll bet you a dollar neither of them were the case.

I'm sure everyone would prefer to not have other people's cars parked in front of their house, but in OP's neighborhood it sounds like heavy street parking is part of the landscape and I'm sure that was apparent when these neighbors chose to buy their house. I don't think OP should do a thing but to continue to park there if needed. Let the Neighbors call the police again and see how that works out for them.

How are you sure it was apparent? Maybe the people built the house 30 years ago and were the first house in the neighborhood.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

Have to agree with this. OP stated that parking was limited which makes it confusing why everyone keeps saying to park in front of their house or driveway. If the Mini is broken down, then I assume that eliminates one spot, and OP parks in the other spot. Thought this was obvious, since someone wouldn't willing park down the street when they have space right at their house.

I'm having a similar issue with the house I just bought, some anonymous jerkoff keeps calling the cops on my truck and trailer which is in total compliance. They've been out three times in the last two weeks and can tell they're already irritated by whomever keeps calling them out for nonsense.

Maustang

Established Member
Have to agree with this. OP stated that parking was limited which makes it confusing why everyone keeps saying to park in front of their house or driveway. If the Mini is broken down, then I assume that eliminates one spot, and OP parks in the other spot. Thought this was obvious, since someone wouldn't willing park down the street when they have space right at their house.

I'm having a similar issue with the house I just bought, some anonymous jerkoff keeps calling the cops on my truck and trailer which is in total compliance. They've been out three times in the last two weeks and can tell they're already irritated by whomever keeps calling them out for nonsense.

So he has 2 cars in the driveway, no reason he can't park in front of his own house instead of someone elses.
Same goes for your truck and trailer.

PS, might want to check your lug nuts once in a while

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
So he has 2 cars in the driveway, no reason he can't park in front of his own house instead of someone elses.
Same goes for your truck and trailer.

PS, might want to check your lug nuts once in a while

Guessing you have some comprehension issues. What part of when he said parking is limited in front of his house, leads you to believe parking in front of his is an option?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Do you guys actually mess with people's cars if you don't like where or how they are parked?

Serious question.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member

Your assuming he has a driveway that can hold two cars. There is a huge neighborhood in the town over from me that has literally 200+ houses that have a driveway that will only hold one car.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Your assuming he has a driveway that can hold two cars. There is a huge neighborhood in the town over from me that has literally 200+ houses that have a driveway that will only hold one car.

Nah man, obviously OP's brother willing parks down the street ignoring the option to park in front of his own place just because.

I have an area with $250k townhomes that are street only parking, and the ones next to that, have a single driveway space and not even a garage.

Users who are viewing this thread