Neighbor Problems serious advice please (joking ok too!)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I couldn't belive it. I thought he was trolling.

Wow this blew up rather quickly. I absolutely love how I have become the asshole in the situation though even though I am not the one who falsified information to the police.

To answer the two burning questions that have been brought up repeatedly, No my brother can not park in front of my house or in the driveway. Currently his mini is taking up one space and the other is taken by my pop up which will be moving in about a month or two to another location. This forces my wife and I to park in the street. To further complicate the issue one of my other neighbors parks in front of my house as well most of the time, which I am fine with.

As others have also read as well as pointed out my street is extremely busy and a few driveways aren't actually large enough for say a large SUV and a full size truck so many park on the street. Luckily it is wide enough for people to do so.

I actually talked to a neighbor from across the street about the situation and have confirmed what I suspected, these are not rational thinking people. These individuals have actually made some rather wild accusations of others that live next to and across from them to include claiming that one of them is a peeping tom and was scoping out their backyard whilst jumping on a trampoline playing with their children. With stuff like this flying around these are not the type of people I want to attempt to have an adult conversation with but I may be forced to.

I do appreciate the advice given but I think I will just have to let the issue die or let them continue to call the police over the situation in hopes that they are eventually talked to about false reports.

Buddy you're not an asshole, but you sure sound like a chicken.

Do not become one of these people that takes the 'word' of other neighbors about the neighbor in question.

At the minimum, get on over there at your convenience, and at least see how a conversation goes about the matter. Then you can at least substantiate the additional neighbor claims.

It doesn't sound like the most comfortable situation to address but you have to get out of the gate. If you're a sensible and civilized man, though it will be out of your comfort level, it can be done.

Worst case scenario, drink a few beers, to muster up the courage.

CA people sound a lot like NJ people. You dudes just have better weather and nicer people. And trust me...NJ/NY people are as uncivilized as they come for Americans.

Report back. Don't be a wimp. Otherwise, clip off the jewels and turn them into your local museum of useless and unimportant artifacts.

Dusten

Established Member
So, your driveway is full of shit, the road in front of your house is full of shit, and you wonder why your neighbors bitch?

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Just go talk to the neighbors, it is pretty simple. Worst case they overreact and you don't talk to them again. Why are people so afraid of everyone else?

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
How about moving the pop-up to wherever the damn truck used to be parked before you guys started borrowing it, then parking the truck in your driveway or in front of your house?

Or maybe rent a storage unit for the pop-up.

Either way, it sounds like your neighbors are sick of you guys taking up 5 spots in a busy area (2 in your driveway and 3 on the busy street)

Users who are viewing this thread