New 05-09 Tail Light Option

fullboogie

Established Member
They have potential - I'd have to see them in person. They look a hell of a lot better than those abomination "gen 5" taillights.

Last edited:

JW03

Established Member
I typically prefer factory lights, but these don't look horrible. I would like to see them installed on a few different colors.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I think they'll look good at night but not so much during the day.
IMO, OEM taillights are the best looking. They suit the styling of the 05-09 better.

Fast Ford

Established Member
I like everything about the 07 through 09 body style. Personally I wouldn't try to make my 07 look like any other year than it is.

builttodrive

Established Member
I would like to see them on other cars than just the one pictured before coming to a complete opinion. I think the stock taillights are dating these cars about the fastest of any other part on it. I smoked my factory tail lights just to change it up and that made a big difference for me. I may even consider buying a set of these late model up date lights but the money they get for them is pretty healthy in my opinion.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Those appear to be 1969, maybe 1970 looking Mustang tail lights.

The key to a good look with those again (as with the Gen 5's), is the smoked/dark tail light panel between. Without the dark panel, they will look very "aftermarket", especially on a lighter body color car.

R

Last edited:

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
^^^ Thats true, but I think thats only one reason.
The other is how the trunk on the newer style Mustang is curved, and the taillights are not sitting flush with the body panels.

jshrop6004

Established Member
I wish somebody would make these:

8light.jpg

jshrop6004

Established Member
^^^^^Those tail lights would compliment a front end of this style...........

wagon-queen-family-truckster-national-lampoons-vacation_zpseul5bp84.jpg

The Family Truckster...............Priceless^^^^^^^^^^^

R

It's only one added segment per side and would follow the example of the 65 GT350. The Cervini's I would classify with the Family Truckster look, but beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
It's only one added segment per side and would follow the example of the 65 GT350. The Cervini's I would classify with the Family Truckster look, but beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder!

^^^^I have seen many 1965/66 GT350's, original's, clones, Hertz cars (1966) and a couple of R-Models and none of them that I have seen in over 40 years of car interests have had an extra tail light segment added to the tail light assembly. The first picture below is from the original 1965 Road & Track road test of a Shelby GT350. Three tail light bars as has been the tradition since the original Mustang prototype was unveiled in 1962..........

gallery-1438716770-gt350-01_zpsk7fciwku.jpg

Here is one of the three original 1965 GT350 examples from the Carroll Shelby Driving School.........

0_R_Model_Riverside_Raceway_Carroll_Shelby_School_of_High_Performance_Driving_Rear_1_zps2ein4ezp.jpg

If you have original pictures "from the day" with a four segment tail light assy. on each side of a 1965/66 GT350, please add them, I am not familiar with it.

In 1967 Shelby added tail light bars, and they were very similar to what the 1965 Thunderbird had installed from the factory. <<<That original 1967-1970 Shelby GT350 and 500 look is what the Cervini's tail lights resemble. Then again, 1967-70 GT350 and 500 Shelby's had upper and lower side scoops on them back in the day also, I don't see that on the 2007-up except on the Shelby built Super Snakes.

Compare these original 1967/68 Shelby GT350/500 tail lights to the Cervini's, and even the Cervini's rear deck lid spoiler design, they look somewhat similar, bringing the older/original look to the newer body style...........

8.jpg

A side view of the rear spoiler.......Very similar look to Cervini's.........

4.jpg

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I wish somebody would make these:

View attachment 68399

I looked back through my picture archive, this may be the Shelby tail lights you are referring to?

1967-shelby-mustang-gt350-black-white-sy_O9N_PakWheelscom_zpsbxr7ngqo.jpg

These were 1967. From what I have read, they are basically the same narrow bar type '65 T-Bird tail lights as I showed in the picture in my previous post, but with the segmented trim panel removed. I guess I can see the connection, but not like the Cervini's.

R

jshrop6004

Established Member
Robert,

My mistake on the longer Cougar/Thunderbird tail lights being on the '65's, they did start on the '67's.

I still like the 4 bar/added segment light.:-D

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert,

My mistake on the longer Cougar/Thunderbird tail lights being on the '65's, they did start on the '67's.

I still like the 4 bar/added segment light.:-D

..........and it may be me, I had not seen that look before, or maybe I had but not commented?

It's all good.

R

Users who are viewing this thread