New 1/2 Mile event announced for French Lick Indiana!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Wow, this is awesome. WannaGOFAST has added an event in French Lick Indiana for next October. That's an hour from me. I can't wait. Definitely hoping to have my car on higher boost and e85 by then to help get in at least a few kills. French Lick is a small resort town in the middle of nowhere, so having all these cars roll in should make for an awesome weekend.

http://www.wannagofast.com/frenchlick.php

Indiana ½ Mile Runway Shootout (A Fly In Event!!)

This incredible 2-DAY event will be held on October 15th and 16th, 2016 at the beautiful French Lick Municipal Airport (www.frenchlickairport.com) in French Lick, IN...only 2.5 hours South of Indianapolis and 75 minutes West of Louisville! Nestled in the gorgeous Indiana countryside this airport provides one of the most incredible backdrops we've ever seen for High Speed Fun!! Come join us for 2 FULL DAYS of, side-by-side, HALF MILE racing at this rare and exclusive location. All of our participants will be given a chance to take their vehicle’s Top Speed down French Lick Airport’s 5500ft runway and race door-to-door against the competitor of their choice!! See what it’s finally like to race without the restrictions of speed limits, on what is basically your own personal raceway in the heart of Indiana!! This event is limited to only 135 cars per day and is sure to sell out quick!! So register today and we promise to make your automotive DREAMS come true!!

Damon03Termi

Established Member
I actually live in French Lick. I'm really looking forward to this event. Not sure if I will be racing or not yet.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Is anyone familiar with the quality of the tarmac there? Considering making this drive but don't want to do it and spend the money if the runway sucks. I ran a 1/2 mile event last year and the runway was in way worse shape than I would have preferred. Couldn't turn the car up without it hopping and spinning most of the 1/2 mile.

wannaGOFASTT

Established Member
Runway is very nice concrete, we also plan to sweep and blow the track off before the race. Car should be fine. You're welcome to run drag radials as well :)

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Bumping this up - where are all the OH\IN\KY\IL guys? Definitely hoping to see some big hp Mustangs there.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I want to do a 1/2 mile event!

What about Pocano? Are they doing that event again this year? Not sure it's quite as good as a runway event as far as the length of the straight, but the fact that your on the Speedway would more than make up for it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread