New 2008 gt500 owner...need suggestions

Greasy7stang

Established Member
I picked up my 08 gt500.....563 miles 33k...bone stock..what do u guys suggest for cold air intake ?..Jlt looks like a nice setup....also...if I do a pulley ,tune, cai kit...will I need colder plugs and also will these engines easily handle the numbers they crank out....this car is brand new and I don't want to ruin it....I plan on a 373gear...could use that....thanks again guys

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
welcome as well
check out vmp, my first 3 mods were 2.59 pulley, JLT 123mm intake, and vmp tune. It turns the car into a hole new monster... o and get some DRs other wise 1st and 2nd gear are pretty useless lol

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I agree call Van...I wanted to skip to the KB as suggested above but, I can't pull that kind of money right now..as I am also lowering the car and doing cooling mods. If you do pulley and tune that will be a nice change from stock and last you until you can do a new blower. That's the route I am taking for now.

But, I do want a KB soon!

Enjoy and welcome!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I picked up my 08 gt500.....563 miles 33k...bone stock..what do u guys suggest for cold air intake ?..Jlt looks like a nice setup....also...if I do a pulley ,tune, cai kit...will I need colder plugs and also will these engines easily handle the numbers they crank out....this car is brand new and I don't want to ruin it....I plan on a 373gear...could use that....thanks again guys
Congrats on your new GT500! Brand new car! :rockon:

Totally not necessary to call supporting vendors to get information on how to mod your GT500. There is tons of knowledge right here with the membership of SVTP!

The JLT is the most popular/best selling CAI for the 07-09's. Real nice piece. Most folks do indeed go with a colder plug once they go with a smaller upper pulley and the NGK TR6's are one of the more popular options here.

These motors have proven to be quite durable when tuned correctly. Certainly capable of 700+ RWHP, so the 525+/- you will get with the CAI, pulley, tune will be kid's play for your motor provided it's tuned intelligently and you utilize high quality gasoline.

And the 3.73's will totally wake your car up! Best single mod I've probably made to date. Felt like I added 50 horsepower.......

Good luck and have fun with it!

Users who are viewing this thread