New 99 Cobra Project *Youtube warning*

MTBSully

Established Member
Just picked up this 99 cobra. In overall good shape but definitely needs some love to bring out its true potential. Will likely be a 2 or 3 part series. I am always buying these cars or ones like it so feel free to subscribe if you want to see more. Also check out my twin turbo z06 build if that kind of thing interests you!

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
I thought it was cool video but you spoiled the surprise right at the beginning! But yeah, let us know when you upload the 2nd vid.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome paint correction work!

You definitely needed some footage showing the actual Cobra pickup/load in the first video. Too abrupt from heading there and returning, with the in-between missing. Other than that, great video! Nice that you found the hanging RPMs culprit, and nice work on the front bumper. Watching you do the bumper repairs was a nice touch. I enjoyed watching this one. The second video was equally great. Keep up the good work!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh, and awesome interior detailing.

I see you're in Portsmouth. My wife and I were vacationing in Maine in mid-July and we passed through Portsmouth. Had to stop twice at BJs for fuel. We've vacationed in Portsmouth three times in the past 5 years. Great town, with a Bostonian feel.

MTBSully

Established Member
Oh, and awesome interior detailing.

I see you're in Portsmouth. My wife and I were vacationing in Maine in mid-July and we passed through Portsmouth. Had to stop twice at BJs for fuel. We've vacationed in Portsmouth three times in the past 5 years. Great town, with a Bostonian feel.

Thanks! I moved here from the Boston area in 2018 after attending college and living on the south shore since 2013. Finally couldnt do the traffic anymore and moved up here. Havent missed MA one bit since I left. I love portsmouth.

Did I really see that it sold in a day?....haha.

Yes it did. Guy was even more blown away with the condition when he arrived in person. "Looks even better than in the pictures" which is rarely the case! He drove it 3 hours home right after.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks! I moved here from the Boston area in 2018 after attending college and living on the south shore since 2013. Finally couldnt do the traffic anymore and moved up here. Havent missed MA one bit since I left. I love portsmouth.
New Hampshire is one of the few states I'd be comfortable moving to (Blue to Red) with little fear of regretting it in a few years.

I'm looking forward to seeing more videos of your project as it progresses.

slowgreycobra

Established Member
Cool thread. I'm eyeing a 99 vert project that needs some work. I might go check it out after my house closes. Buying a house takes too long! All of the literature and receipts were cool. I am not old yet, but I also keep the receipts for my F150 and Porsche. I've occasionally had times where I wanted to look back at records or to remember what something I bought was so I can buy it again and the folder helped. I'll be watching your progress.

Edit-NVM, I see you sold it already! Still great work on the car and the fixes you made.

Last edited:

MTBSully

Established Member
Cool thread. I'm eyeing a 99 vert project that needs some work. I might go check it out after my house closes. Buying a house takes too long! All of the literature and receipts were cool. I am not old yet, but I also keep the receipts for my F150 and Porsche. I've occasionally had times where I wanted to look back at records or to remember what something I bought was so I can buy it again and the folder helped. I'll be watching your progress.

Edit-NVM, I see you sold it already! Still great work on the car and the fixes you made.

Buying a house is definitely gruesome sometimes but it will be worth it! I definitely like to keep reciepts as well. I built my c6 z06 this winter and have quite the folder!

It came out great man. Amazing job!
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread