New Best and Great time and MSC V2.0

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
First of all i would like to thank all the vendors,Doug and Hank and everyone else that helped put this event together!! The day started with a very gloomy outlook cloudy and cold with a very strong crosswind with drizzle at times and the track was not there but late morning the VHT crew came out and spayed the lanes twice to the 330 mark and the track came around by noon and was hooking hard!! I thought we had a very good turnout especially on how many 03 cobras were racing considering the cold and windy conditions we had to race in. Last week i talked with my good bud Trey and he told me to purchase some BFG drag radials for this event and assured me they would hook alot better than my nittos and he was absolutely right these tires hook hard with a good burnout.
Now how my day went i made 1 pass in the morning before the heads up class and went a conservative 1.83 [email protected] gaining a 1st round bye in the heads up class with low E.T after all the morning runs from all the cars. After advancing several more rounds running 11.40 and 11.42 i made it to the finals up against a 97 cobra with a vortech with a very good driver behind the wheel that was running strong in the other rounds with short times consistantly in the 1.44 range all day running 11.40's@119 all day! I knew i had to step it up for the finals to bring home the $250 1st place money so i told myself just heat the tires up alittle longer and be more aggressive on my launch and that is what i did and rewarded me with a new best and the win in the finals against a very good and experienced bracket racer! Here is the timeslip below!

Me
60ft. 1.67
1/8 7.20 @ 98.64
1/4 11.19 @ 124.59 winner!

Him
60ft. 1.44
1/8 7.35 @ 91.44
1/4 11.53 @ 118.50

I had a great time meeting up with old friends and making new friends as well and again thanks for everyone that made this all possible!! Looking forward to the 2005 spring and fall events:beer:

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
Matt congrats on your runs yesterday. You have the combo nailed down and you drive your car well and will soon get your 10 without a doubt in my mind this year or next!! Had a great time hangin with ya and everyone and props to Hank he made sure the track was right this time!!!! WIth some better weather this event would have been huge!

93tealcobra

Established Member
Sounds like it was a good time. I had some clutch issues that kept me from coming out. Trey, did you take the car?

Later,
Jeff

wuplash

Established Member
congrats on the great runs matt:beer: you have a great combo and have made great strids in driving it hard this year.you are right this event would of been huge had the weather not been so cold and windy,but we had a great turnout considering the weather conditions we had.hank said the vht would be there and props go out to him as the track was sprayed really well this time:rockon: i'am looking forward to msc-3 as the first two have been fun to attend.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
SON OF A BITCH.....I completely forgot about yesterday!!!!!

DAMN HALLMARK HOLIDAYS......DAMN THEM TO HELL!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Matt, GREAT final run! Looks like 10s are coming for you. The heads up racing was really exciting.

Nicky P, You missed MSC2 for sweetest day? :bash:

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Thanks everyone:beer:

The whole event was planned very nice having test and tune the entire morning until 12:30 than a heads up class at 1:00 that payed $250 to win and a bracket race for everyone else that payed $250 to win. They even had some test and tune runs going on inbetween the rounds for the guys that lost or were there just to test and tune only which i thought was cool!! Looking forward to MSC V3 next year spring and fall:rockon:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Great consistant runs - and way to save the best for last! You didn't mention it, but to get to the finals and win, your reaction times must have been excellent!

Congrats!

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Originally posted by Antex
Great consistant runs - and way to save the best for last! You didn't mention it, but to get to the finals and win, your reaction times must have been excellent!

We were running a pro tree for the heads up class and in the finals i believe i had a .709 to his .575 reaction time!

Soap

Established Member
Originally posted by HIGH ROLLER
60ft. 1.67
1/8 7.20 @ 98.64
1/4 11.19 @ 124.59 winner!

Congrats Matt.......you deserve it.

Must have been the port job :beer:

--Joe

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Re: Re: New Best and Great time and MSC V2.0