new best in the Hellcat, and ZL1 eats some humble pie

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
With everything being equal? ZL1 is a drivers race. Trinity, not so much. After all these years there still hasn’t been a stock trinity to make a 10 second pass or trap 130. Hellcats have done both plenty of times.

Also the 2019 Hellcat should be getting a small power bump and a bunch of Demon goodies minus the 800+ hp engine. Hellcats are only going to widen the gap when that time comes, but HOPEFULLY Ford will have at least announced a new GT500 by that time.

Bruh.... the limiting factor of the Trinity at the drag strip is the pizza cutter tires and the "man pedal" only option.

In the street, the Trinity can and will bust that ass.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Bruh.... the limiting factor of the Trinity at the drag strip is the pizza cutter tires and the "man pedal" only option.

In the street, the Trinity can and will bust that ass.

Lmao! One race? Again. The trinity does not trap as high in the 1/4 1/2 or full mile. It is not the faster car.

Even on a drag radial a otherwise stock trinity has NEVER ran 10’s.

Edit: Just watched that video. I remember it now. That’s what you call busting ass??? ‍♂️

First race the hc started pulling up top. Second race was dead even after the hit. Then the hellcat broke. Next time use a better example. Lol

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lmao! One race? Again. The trinity does not trap as high in the 1/4 1/2 or full mile. It is not the faster car.

Even on a drag radial a otherwise stock trinity has NEVER ran 10’s.

Edit: Just watched that video. I remember it now. That’s what you call busting ass??? ‍♂️

First race the hc started pulling up top. Second race was dead even after the hit. Then the hellcat broke. Next time use a better example. Lol

Just showed you a video of a stock Trinity being A drivers race with a hellcat. You still refuse to acknowledge.

Your either too brand loyal or too dense.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock trinity cars make about 600 whp and weigh 3850 lbs.

Stock HC's make about 640 whp and weigh 4400 lbs.

Easy to see them being dead nuts even (drivers race) assuming both cars M6.

Trinity should actually be faster due to that big of a weight advantage.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock trinity cars make about 600 whp are nd weigh 3850 lbs.

Stock HC's make about 640 whp and weigh 4400 lbs.

Easy to see them being dead nuts even (drivers race) assuming both cars M6.

Trinity should actually be faster due to that big of a weight advantage.

I doubt gothemi can look at the facts objectively. As a car guy, he should have already known that the Trinity actually has equal or a bit better power to weight ratio than both the 6g ZL1 and Hellcat.

The new cars (hellcat and zl1) shine mainly thanks to the auto magic. In the street, with a compentent driver, it is anyones race (Trinity, Hellcat and 6g ZL1).

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The new cars (hellcat and zl1) shine mainly thanks to the auto magic. In the street, with a compentent driver, it is anyones race (Trinity, Hellcat and 6g ZL1).

100%.

The autos are game changers.. takes a hell of a wheel-man to compete.. but they're out there!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Good job and congrats on the pb, op!

Thanks.

I doubt gothemi can look at the facts objectively. As a car guy, he should have already known that the Trinity actually has equal or a bit better power to weight ratio than both the 6g ZL1 and Hellcat.

My only issue with a roll race auto vs manual, the manual is in the gear he wants to take off in, the auto either has to paddle shift(not he best) or goes WOT and hopes for he downshift to come quick enough. And I'll give you an example of why not to paddle shift. My showroom stock 16 gt vs two other stock GT's at Gulfport for Ford VS Chevy. The other two GT's were paddle shifiting and running mid 13's. I put in sport mode and let it shift itself. 12.6. I showed them what I was doing and instantly they ran 12.8-12.9.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, we are loosing more and more good ones to the auto crowd.

I gave up as my 12 was the absolute worst transmission I've ever dealt with. From a 2nd roll(ghey) it would've been perfect. From a dead and trying to powershift 2nd at the track it rarely wanted a part of that.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Thanks.

My only issue with a roll race auto vs manual, the manual is in the gear he wants to take off in, the auto either has to paddle shift(not he best) or goes WOT and hopes for he downshift to come quick enough.

My A8 Hellcat downshifts pretty damn hard and fast, but there are a couple other options available.

You could push the gear shifter over into manual, pick the gear you want to be in, then as soon as you hit it, throw the shifter back over into auto and let the A8 take over.

Another option with the Hellcat is if you are using the paddle shifters and the gear shifter is in auto, the A8 will automatically shift once the rpms get high enough.
So you could start out in any gear using the paddle shifters (gear shifter in auto) and once go WOT do not touch the paddle shifters and let the A8 shift itself.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
My only issue with a roll race auto vs manual, the manual is in the gear he wants to take off in, the auto either has to paddle shift(not he best) or goes WOT and hopes for he downshift to come quick enough. And I'll give you an example of why not to paddle shift. My showroom stock 16 gt vs two other stock GT's at Gulfport for Ford VS Chevy. The other two GT's were paddle shifiting and running mid 13's. I put in sport mode and let it shift itself. 12.6. I showed them what I was doing and instantly they ran 12.8-12.9.

I gave up as my 12 was the absolute worst transmission I've ever dealt with. From a 2nd roll(ghey) it would've been perfect. From a dead and trying to powershift 2nd at the track it rarely wanted a part of that.

Not sure what you mean in your first paragraph. You shouldnt have any issues with todays autos on a roll race.

Select the gear you want via paddle and right after the hit, move to full auto.

Boom... GO!

Sucks that you gave up because of one bad car/tranny. But I get it, todays autos ate tempting. Its just too easy.

My A8 Hellcat downshifts pretty damn hard and fast, but there are a couple other options available.

You could push the gear shifter over into manual, pick the gear you want to be in, then as soon as you hit it, throw the shifter back over into auto and let the A8 take over.

Another option with the Hellcat is if you are using the paddle shifters and the gear shifter is in auto, the A8 will automatically shift once the rpms get high enough.
So you could start out in any gear using the paddle shifters (gear shifter in auto) and once go WOT do not touch the paddle shifters and let the A8 shift itself.

Headshot.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
If you ever come this way, id like to get gapped by your HC. Very nice runs!!

Should be going to street car revolution at NPR in December. Come out and play.

Not sure what you mean in your first paragraph. You shouldnt have any issues with todays autos on a roll race.

Select the gear you want via paddle and right after the hit, move to full auto.

Boom... GO!

Sucks that you gave up because of one bad car/tranny. But I get it, todays autos ate tempting. Its just too easy.
Headshot.

The 12 made good power for just an upper and TVS swap. 652 rhwp. Even with having to baby shift 2nd trapped 130. But not satisfying. I knew there was much more in it, but unable to squeeze it out.

iflybyu

Established Member
Do you have the red charger? I was at capital a couple of Sunday's ago and we talked to a guy with a red hellcat that ran a 10.9 ? My boy had a blue camaro 6th gen and was talking to you about getting a hellcat. Is your friend the guy with the blue z06?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Do you have the red charger? I was at capital a couple of Sunday's ago and we talked to a guy with a red hellcat that ran a 10.9 ? My boy had a blue camaro 6th gen and was talking to you about getting a hellcat. Is your friend the guy with the blue z06?

I did have the red charger. I talked with a few people out there. One guy used to have a 13/14 GT500 and commented about the shifting issues also in that car. I was hanging with the guy with the tuned/dp S63.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
c48095b71dd293d57057b32549eb2fe0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I will agree with this.
I would say that they are all going to have good, close races.

iflybyu

Established Member
Yea that was my friend his car would lock him out of 2nd or 3rd. I had a red 03 cobra out there but it was losing all power on the big end so I couldn't get a clean pass. I think it's a fuel issue. That was the same day that 1le camaro hit the wall

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Yea that was my friend his car would lock him out of 2nd or 3rd. I had a red 03 cobra out there but it was losing all power on the big end so I couldn't get a clean pass. I think it's a fuel issue. That was the same day that 1le camaro hit the wall

There were two redfires there that day. Both were real clean. I used to have a basic bolt-on 04 redfire way back in the day. As of now I'm planning on going to Street car revolution in December, then boost night in January. Should be able to get some real good #'s once it gets cold.

The new 6th gen was a real WTF moment. Spin at the hit, continue spinning, shift to 2nd spinning, lift only when car is pointing at the opposite wall?

iflybyu

Established Member
Where are them races? Yea I had the slow one lol I have to figure out what's cutting power on my car one pass I was doing 96 in the 1/8th and and 102 in the 1/4 it's just losing all power hopefully I get that fixed and start trying to get some low 11s high 10s. Where u from around br or NO?

Users who are viewing this thread