New best on low boost

sickass50

Established Member
Got a new best on 14 psi and broke it after turning it up trying to chase a new PB overall

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fVDUd0UCs"]One of James's runs - YouTube[/nomedia]

Sick5.0 10.50@132 - YouTube

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

2002BOSS

Established Member
Thats sad, I m seriously going to a 31 spline trac loc with cabon disks. Sounds weak but my stock 28 spline set up lasted all year with 1.5 60 foots and never skipped a beat.

Nice times tho. How do you like the torque arm set up? whats the rest of the suspension like? Have you manged to pull the front wheels with it?

sickass50

Established Member
Thats sad, I m seriously going to a 31 spline trac loc with cabon disks. Sounds weak but my stock 28 spline set up lasted all year with 1.5 60 foots and never skipped a beat.

Nice times tho. How do you like the torque arm set up? whats the rest of the suspension like? Have you manged to pull the front wheels with it?

Rear suspension is all MM, torque arm, drag antiroll bar, and their lowers, front is Qa1 K and UPR coilovers I really like the suspension, it works from a dig and a roll quite well.

Its pulled the wheels 6-8" on the 1-2 shift a few times.

Explosive

Established Member
Nice vids, also considered the torque arm in the future. Have to alter your exhaust at all for it ?

sickass50

Established Member
Nice vids, also considered the torque arm in the future. Have to alter your exhaust at all for it ?

Slightly, you have to lengthen the midpipe and shorten the catback to push the coupler towards the rear away from the torque ARM mount.

2002BOSS

Established Member
Rear suspension is all MM, torque arm, drag antiroll bar, and their lowers, front is Qa1 K and UPR coilovers I really like the suspension, it works from a dig and a roll quite well.

Its pulled the wheels 6-8" on the 1-2 shift a few times.

Thanks for the info.. I m starting to feel better about going with it. you here alot of people with out them say there for corners but it seems everyone that uses them on a drag car loves them

2002BOSS

Established Member
Those pics are exactly why i ditched my ford trac lock, ouch! Nice run, what kind of sixties are you getting?

Did you break the track loc? I know of a couple people who have broken the eaton and auburn so I thought FMS 31 spline with the carbon disks may be a good option. After 20 something launch's 1.5-1.6 60' my 80,000 mile 28 spline was fine so I thought the 31 should take it no problem lol

PS. I saw your 131 mph slips, congrats thats some crazy mph on the top half, wish I could get mine to pull that. I run 11.0 and only get 24mph from 1/8-1/4 :(

mustang john

Established Member
Did you break the track loc? I know of a couple people who have broken the eaton and auburn so I thought FMS 31 spline with the carbon disks may be a good option. After 20 something launch's 1.5-1.6 60' my 80,000 mile 28 spline was fine so I thought the 31 should take it no problem lol

PS. I saw your 131 mph slips, congrats thats some crazy mph on the top half, wish I could get mine to pull that. I run 11.0 and only get 24mph from 1/8-1/4 :(

It was a 31 spline ford trac lock out of a truck, with extra clutches added. It held up for several years before it broke and i was pretty damn hard on it at the track. It broke during a bad burnout where i didnt have enough water on the tires and only one spun and the launch sealed its fate. I drove it home broken but it was makin some pretty bad noises, pulled it out and the posi housing was almost cracked in half. Detroit Locker is in its place now and loving it... except for some odd street manners. lol

Thanks for the props on the MPH but i havent backed it up yet on a different night. It usually traps in the 126-128 range so im not convinced its real yet.

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
325 MT ET Street Radials, had the wotbox set at 6,000

P325/50R15 28 X 13.50R15 these? howd they do? saw the 1.5..i have them now in the 17" but was thinking if i cant get them to hook on going to a 15".

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Any Posi is going to snap with high hp and good traction. I blew an Eaton Posi and a Strange Posi on my car back in 2006 and 2007. Mid 1.5 60s and a lighter than stock eaton car. Just too many moving parts to take all that stress

Nice run!!

2002BOSS

Established Member
Any Posi is going to snap with high hp and good traction. I blew an Eaton Posi and a Strange Posi on my car back in 2006 and 2007. Mid 1.5 60s and a lighter than stock eaton car. Just too many moving parts to take all that stress

Nice run!!

Did you end up going to a spool?

Ya, 900+ HP launch on a 2 step is a bit crazy lol

Users who are viewing this thread