New best stock GT with beefcake paxton kit

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
So was my 96 trans am on a 100shot. But my mph is faster in this than both my old car and your 100shot car.

Thanks for another non compliment. The car mphs well but the 1st gear starts so slow.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
And btw, what progress? Slower by .2 et and 2 mph is the wrong direction. More internet racers and trolls i assume...

Tyrod

Established Member
With that 125 mph you have the potential for mid 10's. Work on chopping that sixty foot down to the 1.4's. Tires, suspension, and converter.

Last edited:

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
What is interesting about my datalogs is I am not spinning in 1st and can't stall it up any higher or I lose traction (before moving). I am losing traction in the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts (auto). Everyone says tire, suspension but wouldnt that only help if I was already losing traction? I think the only thing that will help right now is a stall... really weird problem I have been having. I have always fought traction before (on my last car) but the torque comes on so slowly on this one and I can't stall it up over 2k RPM without the tires breaking loose on the line.

I will keep trying different stall RPMs until I find something that works but e85 may help my traction issue :)

Gruca

Established Member
Tires would allow you to start at a higher rpm and get your 60’ down. It seems slow off the line because you aren’t able to launch it higher without spinning the tires, hence the need for tires.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
What is the smallest diameter wheel you can run on the back? Also, what tire pressure have you been running on? Definitely a bunch left with a good launch.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
ya, good points on tire. I havent looked into the 15s with a Hoosier QTP or some other slick type tire. Was hoping to keep a street/strip tire on this car (last one had the slicks and street tires). May have to give up on that dream.

I have been running on 18-20 psig on the MT ET S/S.

Gruca

Established Member
ya, good points on tire. I havent looked into the 15s with a Hoosier QTP or some other slick type tire. Was hoping to keep a street/strip tire on this car (last one had the slicks and street tires). May have to give up on that dream.

I have been running on 18-20 psig on the MT ET S/S.

I don’t think you need slicks. You should be able to put a good drag radial on the rear and be good. A lot of auto guys will run 17 or 18” wheels in back with a fat drag radial.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
In my opinion a 305/40/18 MT ET S/S was about the best I could find. Anyone have any better ideas?

DarkMach1

Established Member
You run 305-40-18s? If so yes, my car feels better with 285-40-18s. What rear gear do you have? I don’t stall my car, I give it gas to get the RPMs to start moving up and as they get to 1400 or so I go all the way down while releasing the brakes. I’ve found that the car didn’t like to be stalled at a set RPM before launching.

Kiohtee

Established Member
So was my 96 trans am on a 100shot. But my mph is faster in this than both my old car and your 100shot car.

Thanks for another non compliment. The car mphs well but the 1st gear starts so slow.

And btw, what progress? Slower by .2 et and 2 mph is the wrong direction. More internet racers and trolls i assume...

Calm your tits man, I was multi-tasking and lost track of your numbers. I thought you were progressing, my bad.

As far as an internet racer/troll, try again. I was legitimately trying to compliment you and wish you luck moving forward. But if you wanna go there, wow, your Paxton car that the setup cost was probably $6K in all said and done, is a whopping 1mph faster than my old car on a 100 shot. My bump to a 150 would have destroyed your car, from a dig or roll.

How's that for trolling/internet racing?

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
exactly what I expected zhisel. Good job. What was your MPH? Been focused on MPH first. Everyone talks about ET. If I cared about ET don't you think I would have some suspension mods? I've been down that road before too. This is a street car that my wife drives, love the stock sound/feel of the ride. Talk about the total cost of modding before the "my nitrous kit was only 1k" what about suspension? exhaust? tune? headers? bolt-ons? it all adds up...

DarkMach1, I was trying different launching rpms/stalls etc will try again this weekend. Interesting that you have better luck with the 285s. I went from Nitto 555R 285s to these 305s thinking that would help. I will look up the rear gear tonight, honestly I don't even know what gear it has lol... ~124-125 MPH is the shift into 4th on a 28" tall tire.

Kiohtee

Established Member
exactly what I expected zhisel. Good job. What was your MPH? Been focused on MPH first. Everyone talks about ET. If I cared about ET don't you think I would have some suspension mods? I've been down that road before too. This is a street car that my wife drives, love the stock sound/feel of the ride. Talk about the total cost of modding before the "my nitrous kit was only 1k" what about suspension? exhaust? tune? headers? bolt-ons? it all adds up...

DarkMach1, I was trying different launching rpms/stalls etc will try again this weekend. Interesting that you have better luck with the 285s. I went from Nitto 555R 285s to these 305s thinking that would help. I will look up the rear gear tonight, honestly I don't even know what gear it has lol... ~124-125 MPH is the shift into 4th on a 28" tall tire.

My '11 on a 150 shot trapped 103MPH the one (and only) time I took it to the track. At that time it had an O/R H and GT500 axle-back. A total of maybe $2,500 in parts and labor. 103 is still faster than 96 no matter how you dice it.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Also you should dead hook in 2nd and 3rd. Tires at like 17-18psi, go forward or back into water until your back tires are on the wet surface on the front side of water puddle, so as soon as you release brakes you’re on dry surface. Now that you’re there put car on manual select 1st gear, start burnout and as soon as you get to 5400-6000 shift to 2nd and take that up to 5-6k. Once you see decent smoke let off brake and roll forward on the gas and slowly back off the gas. Get the car centered on the rubber on the track and go forward until first light is on. Then move slowly as low as you possibly can, you barely want to trigger that second light. You’re now staged shallow and this will help you on the sluggish stock converter. 2nd gear burnout will help you keep traction in 2nd and beyond.

DarkMach1

Established Member
what was your time in that video?

10.58 at 132 at ~1000DA with a 1.71 60ft. Couple weeks after that it went 10.36 at 136 with 1.67 60ft at basically 0 DA. But the video of the PB is from the back and kinda hard to judge launch.

Users who are viewing this thread