New best stock GT with beefcake paxton kit

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
My '11 on a 150 shot trapped 103MPH the one (and only) time I took it to the track. At that time it had an O/R H and GT500 axle-back. A total of maybe $2,500 in parts and labor. 103 is still faster than 96 no matter how you dice it.

600 rwhp on a 150 shot. 360+150= 500 not 600 dude. Stock fuel system + 600 rwhp.... well troll away.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Also you should dead hook in 2nd and 3rd. Tires at like 17-18psi, go forward or back into water until your back tires are on the wet surface on the front side of water puddle, so as soon as you release brakes you’re on dry surface. Now that you’re there put car on manual select 1st gear, start burnout and as soon as you get to 5400-6000 shift to 2nd and take that up to 5-6k. Once you see decent smoke let off brake and roll forward on the gas and slowly back off the gas. Get the car centered on the rubber on the track and go forward until first light is on. Then move slowly as low as you possibly can, you barely want to trigger that second light. You’re now staged shallow and this will help you on the sluggish stock converter. 2nd gear burnout will help you keep traction in 2nd and beyond.

I keep thinking I am doing basically this. Will try again this friday. Thanks again for the help.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I was having traction problems until I did a 2nd gear burnout...then it all went away.

Last edited:

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I dont necessarily want to stick with the tires or the gear. At least I think I found my issue on launching the car. Any ideas other than switch gear or stall? Not sure what tire would make this problem better... what a smaller tire and aim for trap speed in 4th?

DarkMach1

Established Member
A 3.55 will serve you great, with a 28” tire you’d be effectively at ~3.42 gears. Still good enough to add a converter. But, being a centri with a stock converter you need to figure out a way to get the revs a little higher than they are. That would be where I would start, 3.55 gear and see based on logs if I can push another 200 or so RPMs out of it.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
What is 1st gear in the auto cars? A 4.xx? I think tire height with the 3.15 rear gear isn't helping you at this point without a stall. Was the old pass on the 285 and the one with the lower trap speed on the 305?

DarkMach1

Established Member
I run stock stall, 3.55s and 27” tire. Which keeps me at 3.55s. So far in first gear we’re only taking it to 73-7400, but we will bump that up this fall. Gear changes pretty drastically from 1st to 2nd, RPMs drop a good bit, taking 1st higher will help quite a bit.

Kiohtee

Established Member
600 rwhp on a 150 shot. 360+150= 500 not 600 dude. Stock fuel system + 600 rwhp.... well troll away.

Who said anything about 600rwhp? I said 103MPH. If you don't believe that, I don't know what to tell you. There are several examples floating around where 150 shot Coyotes are trapping 102-105 depending on track, time of year, etc. 6R80 cars go even faster.

You started all of this simply because I lost track of your numbers and said good to see you're making progress. **** off with your salty attitude.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
103 MPH in the 1/8th mile is for sure 130+ MPH in the 1/4, which I have always correlated to 600 RWHP. Congrats if you did run that MPH in the 1/8, I wish I could.

You are the one trolling, not me. This is my post, looking for help, not trolls. Sorry if you didn't like my instant reaction to what I believed to be a sarcastic response. I have been racing long enough to know when my times are good or bad and so far I haven't gotten this setup dialed in very well yet. So, that is why my instant response. I'm going to stop the response (even though your last post told me to f off in my own fact finding post).

Kiohtee

Established Member
103 MPH in the 1/8th mile is for sure 130+ MPH in the 1/4, which I have always correlated to 600 RWHP. Congrats if you did run that MPH in the 1/8, I wish I could.

You are the one trolling, not me. This is my post, looking for help, not trolls. Sorry if you didn't like my instant reaction to what I believed to be a sarcastic response. I have been racing long enough to know when my times are good or bad and so far I haven't gotten this setup dialed in very well yet. So, that is why my instant response. I'm going to stop the response (even though your last post told me to f off in my own fact finding post).

Meh, you can't really convert 1/8 to 1/4 like that. Not with a nitrous car at least. And just in my experience.

A small shot nitrous car doesn't really backhalf like a turbo, twin screw or centri car does. I would always give the W to a boosted car if most everything was equal.

As for my initial post; it was a sincere congrats, but I was confused. I really do hope things start moving in the right direction for you and you become happy with your car. It has a lot of potential.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Meh, you can't really convert 1/8 to 1/4 like that. Not with a nitrous car at least. And just in my experience.

A small shot nitrous car doesn't really backhalf like a turbo, twin screw or centri car does. I would always give the W to a boosted car if most everything was equal.

As for my initial post; it was a sincere congrats, but I was confused. I really do hope things start moving in the right direction for you and you become happy with your car. It has a lot of potential.

sorry for earlier, wasnt my best week either. Thanks for the kind words about the car, still a work in progress. I guess they always are though huh? I am not sure many people buy a supercharger kit and say "I really hope I run mid-high 11s with it" which is not what you read from others. The hard part is understanding exactly which supporting mods are best, that is what I am trying to focus on now. Still waiting on my E85 tune from Lund, doesnt look like my track use tomorrow will be with E85, just 93+torco.

Kiohtee

Established Member
sorry for earlier, wasnt my best week either. Thanks for the kind words about the car, still a work in progress. I guess they always are though huh? I am not sure many people buy a supercharger kit and say "I really hope I run mid-high 11s with it" which is not what you read from others. The hard part is understanding exactly which supporting mods are best, that is what I am trying to focus on now. Still waiting on my E85 tune from Lund, doesnt look like my track use tomorrow will be with E85, just 93+torco.

It's all good man. I know far too well the struggles you're going through. I fought my nitrous car for a long time, and am fighting my nitrous '17 now.

As far as getting you to where you want to be/are expecting to be, unfortunately I think it starts with a little more money. E85 and exhaust for sure (even if it's just an off-road mid-pipe). Of course, the fastest centri cars are stalled, but I've seen multiple 10-second centri cars on stock stalls, so that's not a requirement by any means.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Seems like a gear or a stall is going to be required to cut some good 60's. I will wait until after the E85 tune is in though, see if that gets me enough timing in 1st gear to cut a decent 60'.

DarkMach1

Established Member
You know your gears are long when you barely go into 4th at the end of the track vs being at the top of 4th.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
You know your gears are long when you barely go into 4th at the end of the track vs being at the top of 4th.
Damn. Yeah, that's not in the ideal range at all. I'd like to see the op's car with a gear change. Whether it's an effective gear change with a shorter tire or a rear end gear change, it would definitely help him out with this setup.
Let us know how your track visit goes. I'm curious now.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
New best barely tonight. Made 5 runs and finally figuring out how to launch it better. Worst run was 11.81, best [email protected] on a 1.935 60'. Best 60' of night was 1.931. The key has been using ebrake to get tge stall rpm as high as possible. Think it was up to 2100 or 2200rpm and dropped tire pressure to 15 psig.

Went w my buddy w c6 z06 heads/cam, was hoping to catch him on a bad run but didnt. His best was 11.0 at 126, everyones mph was down big bc crappy air. DA calc page messing up on me today but im betting 2000DA or more.
ba93ff7076a2d8a0ba94ffbd8ff029df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread