New best with Apten!!!!!!!!!

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
I went to the track today and ran a new best 60ft 1.76 1/4 11.50@123. I'm pretty happy but I still need to get the car to leave better. What do you guys think?

Will

Snkbyte

Established Member
Last year I ran 11.92@120-121 with everything in my sig except the apten and instead of the magnaflow cat-back I had flows welded into stock tails.

Will

Snkbyte

Established Member
Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
Isn't a 1.76 for the 60' a good time for the IRS?

It's good but not great. And you need a great launch to get these cars to get real good #'s.

trey193

Established Member
What tires were you on SNK?? I think those numbers are pretty good for your first time out after your mods, U R right its all about the 60footer with these cars, get em to 60 and watch the et's fall!:)

Snkbyte

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
What tires were you on SNK?? I think those numbers are pretty good for your first time out after your mods, U R right its all about the 60footer with these cars, get em to 60 and watch the et's fall!:)

I'm using 275 bfg drag radials. For the last couple of runs which were 11.50 and 11.58 I set the tire pressure to 15lbs and it seemed to work a little better then 18lbs. But it's wierd I'm launching at 4 grand and some times I bog and some I don't. It's all in how quick I go wot. I need to find that perfect point to were I hammer it. I was really suprised at how well the car took 4 grand launches. I didn't hop one time.

Trey do you run in the 11.30's consitently or is it hit or miss? Also how do you launch and what rpm do you shift at?

Thanks Will

trey193

Established Member
I have only been 11.30's once, I got faster at the end of the year as far as trap speed but the track prep was just simply never there for good et's, I ran a bunch of low to mid 11.40's with horrible 60ft's in the 1.82-1.85 range, I may go this Tuesday if the weather is descent and get some APTEN results. I try to leave around 3500 and feather it out. I run on the same tires you do , I used to shift right at 6 now with the APTEN i set my Raptor to 6300.

Users who are viewing this thread