New BLACK 5.0 badges

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Looks perfect. How did you paint the stock rims?

Took the stock painted rims off the car and cleaned with windex. Did not scuff them up because I may at some point in time go back to stock, doubt it. But the good thing about this stuff is it's said to come off. Taped up the tired and with a rattle can called Plasti-Dip I started with really light coats allowing each coat to dry. I used about 2 cans for all four rims. Picked it up at Home Depo-.Shane

zilla8

Established Member
I think I'll order these black badges.I have the black trackpack wheels and I think the black badges would look good on my car.

I'm not a big fan of chrome anyway lol
scs1.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I think I'll order these black badges.I have the black trackpack wheels and I think the black badges would look good on my car.

I'm not a big fan of chrome anyway lol
scs1.jpg

Yes, they would def look better on your car man :beer:

kevinp

Established Member
Put mine on yesterday, can barely even see them in the pics lol, looks a lot better than the chrome ones IMO.

P1210015.gif

P1210018.gif

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do these have the locating pins like the factory badges?

As mentioned above, nope. But I placed 2" tape around the stocker before I removed it. Allowing for placement of the new badge and protection from any OPPPSSS moments. Which of course, I didn't have.:D -Shane

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
thx I'm still deciding on changing to the black badges.

I guess if you had Chrome rims staying with chrome badges would work. I use to be a bling king but but 04 Comp Orange Cobra is all black and orange and the 11 is all grey and black. No more chrome for me...:burn:

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Hey mystic, love the color of the rims!! Where did you get them? Are those your stock rims and have them painted? If so how did you do it? I have the exact same car and want mine black as well. Thanks

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hey mystic, love the color of the rims!! Where did you get them? Are those your stock rims and have them painted? If so how did you do it? I have the exact same car and want mine black as well. Thanks

I painted them with a rattle can. It's called Plasti-Dip and it's well...plastic. I didn't scuff my wheels and can take this black coating off if I want and go back to stock. Not gonna happen though, turned out great. Just took them off and cleaned them perfectly. Taped off the tired and did very very light coats allowing each coat to dry. can always put another coat on to freshen them if I desire. Easy to clean, seems very durable. Just dont touch it till it drys. Bought it at home depo or try online.-Shane

oneof185

Established Member
Well, didn't plan on taking my car out of storage yet, but my daily broke the timing belt, so I pulled the stang out today and went ahead and put the black 5.0's on. Tinting all the lights later this week and gonna lower too, trying to decide which springs to use.
Pics don't show the detail too great, but I would definitely recommend on Grabber Blue, looks great.
DSCF2906.jpg

DSCF2903.jpg

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That looks fantastic!

I have Steeda Ultralites and I love the stance..

For rerference..
DSC_0573.jpg

AmnDucky

Established Member
Put mine on yesterday, can barely even see them in the pics lol, looks a lot better than the chrome ones IMO.

P1210015.gif

P1210018.gif

I almost bought these for mine, but wasn't sure how they would look. I think I am going to stay chrome for now, and once I start darkening the car up, I will get the badges.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Love the look. You change anything else, panhard bar etc?

Not as of yet, it's on the very next of things to do. Did the camber bolts and alignment last week. It's my daily driver so minor mods for now. Most of my money goes into my Cobra.-Shane

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
So after ordering a pair of these emblems i can't believe that ANYONE is happy with how they look. My first problem with them is that they dont have the same rounded shape as the new 5.0 emblems. My second problem is that they appear as if someone found a can of spray paint and decided to quickly spray over them. From the faded black color and numerous "bubbles" and imperfections in the finish i quickly realized i had just pissed my money down the drain. Needless to say i would highly recommend anyone looking at these emblems for their car to steer clear.

Users who are viewing this thread