New Blower from Kenne Bell

kom

Established Member
This was posted by "5.0GTCONV" over on the StangNet board..

Originally posted by 5.0GTCONV
Well I got a tip from a great guy here on this forum. He said that Kenne Bell might come out with a replacement bolt on s/c for the new Cobra! Well I called and talked to a tech and sure enough it's coming outin January 2003. He said the boost options are 6-20 lbs psi and priced at $3,000. He said you could also add about a 125 shot of NOS on it. He recomended the NOS kit. So I called NOS and talked to one of thier techs. He said that the 5115 kit would work. It's a mustang 5.0 dry kit, but the newer 4.6 dry kit would work as well. I think that # was 5116. These same options are available for the SVT Lightning. That s/c is coming out on september 21st b/c the had some problems w/ it before so they are fine tuning it. The NOS kit is any where b/t $450-$800 depending on the kit. They both guestimated over 550rwhp with the s/c and some where in the high 600's or low 700's, depending on how much nitrous you run, how much boost, the timing retard, and how rich it is. They both recomended subframe connectors and to run the nitrous a gradual contoler so you don't put too much stress on the engine at one time. Also the NOS tech confirmed better response from the s/c b/c of the cooling effect from the nitrous. I don't know if I'd want that much power, but that sounds like a pretty cool set up, right?

Here's the thread if you want to take a look...
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?threadid=205330

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Whould be nice,however KB has given dates on new blowers for years..The 96 to 98 2v kits were spose to be ready last year.

Jim V.

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Jim. what do you think about the 125 shot with the blower already on? Do you think the engine would hold up? I would love to step up and pimp slap poopras on demand.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey CatchMeCopper, off topic and no flames intended, but you don't actually run from the law do you? If you do, be careful in California. The CHP has 700 new Camaro Z28's out on the road. They are all white with a new thin L.E.D. light bar and very hard to spot. They are suppose to be for "Commercial Enforcement", but you know those guy's are just waiting for some fast car to run from them. And usually they don't have to "catch" you, they just follow at a safe distance and wait for you to overdrive your car or your abilities and crash, or they use the infamous "spike strip." Plus they have radio's and helicopter's, so there's little hope. Take care.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by CatchMeCopper
Jim. what do you think about the 125 shot with the blower already on? Do you think the engine would hold up? I would love to step up and pimp slap poopras on demand.

If you were going to use Nos a smaller dose would be better.
You get 2 advantages,,the power added and a cooler charge for the blower.
Lightning guys have done this with some success

HOWEVER
Blower,Turbo,or NOS. I am not a big fan of double power adders.

:rollseyes

Jim V.

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by Jim Vaccaro

If you were going to use Nos a smaller dose would be better.
You get 2 advantages,,the power added and a cooler charge for the blower.
Lightning guys have done this with some success

HOWEVER
Blower,Turbo,or NOS. I am not a big fan of double power adders.

:rollseyes

Jim V.

Jim V., speaking of running a smaller shot of NOS with the 05115 kit, we offer this New NOS Boost Controller for all Lightning's and 03 Cobra's. check it out in our Lightning Section below:

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/lightning_products_nos_boost_module.htm

Regards, Terry aka WYD_TRKR

Owner: South Florida Pulley HQ
www.southfloridapulleyhq.com
mailto: [email protected]

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I not a major fan of NOS would rather be blown. But if I was going to do NOS I just saw a new kit from Holley p.52 of the October issue of MM&FF. This looks really cool it is called the NOSzle kit and injects the NOS and Fuel directly into the compustion chamber in front of the injectors. The kit listed is for the 4.6 SOHC and has a HP rating of 100-300hp.

Check this out.
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/NOSzle.html

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
I not a major fan of NOS would rather be blown. But if I was going to do NOS I just saw a new kit from Holley p.52 of the October issue of MM&FF. This looks really cool it is called the NOSzle kit and injects the NOS and Fuel directly into the compustion chamber in front of the injectors. The kit listed is for the 4.6 SOHC and has a HP rating of 100-300hp.

Check this out.
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/NOSzle.html

toofast4u, those Holley NOS kits your are talking about start at about $1,200 as well. Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry aka WYD_TRKR

Owner: South Florida Pulley HQ
www.southfloridapulleyhq.com
mailto: [email protected]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread