New BMR K-Member

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
Hey everyone,

There was some discussion about this coming out in my other thread about my broken k-member, but I wanted to make a new thread about it.

**Disclaimer: I am, in no way, sponsored by BMR or have any affiliation with the company or employees there. I just want to post this thread as a discussion and information that I am happy to see for our platform.

Okay, so I contacted BMR about a month ago asking about if they were ever going to make a k-member for our car and the answer was that one was in development and it should be out first quarter of 2020. From hearing this, I put off buying a new k-member to replace my broken one waiting on this to be released.

It has been released now for pre-order for the most part, but new models are coming out that may interest more people. Right now, they are releasing 79-95 with motor mounts, 96-04 with motor mounts, and 79-04 with no mounts (used for racing applications with motor plates). These are all coil over only versions, but they are working on upper spring perches so people can use factory lower control arms as needed. These versions will come out in the near future.

As a side note, BMR already offers lower control arms for coil over and spring perches.

Okay now for the best part, price. Normal list price is $349.95 but they are heavily discounting these to $199.95 for the pre orders to get them moving!!!!

I will have #001 hopefully on Monday or Tuesday and will post in this thread with a full report. Mine is a 96-04 with motor mounts in red with spherical ended BMR lower control arms. My car is already a coil over setup so I’m good there.

Also, I have heard that there will be a focus on the fox/sn95 chassis this year from BMR with many new products being released. I live in Florida not too far from them and will hopefully be trying out more of their products on the drag strip. My car does not have swaybars so do not expect any corner carving reviews from me...

Attachments

• 6259EEB5-E4B5-4CAF-82EB-14FEB6AD057F.jpeg
    6259EEB5-E4B5-4CAF-82EB-14FEB6AD057F.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
If you all have any questions about the pre order, here is the contact info for the guy I talk to there. I can’t answer too much for them since I do not work there. My review of the product will be as soon as I get my hands on it.

[email protected]

813-986-9302

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I emailed the guy about spring perches. I want to run my Steeda sport springs with d specs and not coilovers.

Just trying to see the benefit of this bmr over say the UPR. I can get a 10% off mil discount on the upr unit and with perches the mild steel one is $300 shipped...

Interested to hear your review of it.

Sent from my COR-L29 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cj428mach

Established Member
I emailed the guy about spring perches. I want to run my Steeda sport springs with d specs and not coilovers.

Just trying to see the benefit of this bmr over say the UPR. I can get a 10% off mil discount on the upr unit and with perches the mild steel one is $300 shipped...

Interested to hear your review of it.

Sent from my COR-L29 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BMR has a reputation for quality, upr not so much.

Last edited:

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
Got it on Friday! There was a lot going on behind the scenes which caused a delay, but it is here and I’m excited to get it installed.

Some things to note while I was at the BMR shop:
-upper spring perches are available
-a fully boxed and gusseted(road race version) k-member is on the way! They had it test fitted on a Mach 1 while I was there and I got to look all over it. Fits real nice.
-there are MANY new parts coming for the 94-04 cars!

BMR is working on getting these k-members out to everyone that pre-ordered. The one I have is #001 and the only one that was ready for a box when I was there, but they had a stack of them waiting on powder.

Attachments

• 76A750AC-7C30-4981-A322-DEF8E9299C1E.jpeg
    76A750AC-7C30-4981-A322-DEF8E9299C1E.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 286

Albatross

Established Member
I was planning on buying this k member. I am very interested in hearing how yours fits. How did that boxed k member look? Did they happen to mention when the boxed one will be available or the cost? You think it would be worth waiting for or is the one you got good enough for street use?

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
I was planning on buying this k member. I am very interested in hearing how yours fits. How did that boxed k member look? Did they happen to mention when the boxed one will be available or the cost? You think it would be worth waiting for or is the one you got good enough for street use?
The boxed one looked really badass! I used my old AJE for many years on the street and track with zero issues. One of the steering rack mounts rusted off after the car sat for a few years though. Mind you, I used to live on the beachside. Lots of salt in the air.

I do not have a price on the boxed version, but BMR said maybe $100-$150 more than the other version. It may be worth a call to Dion at BMR and ask if he can give you an intro price on it if you pre order.

Right now, the normal k-members are $199 if you pre order but I believe they are raising up to the $400 price range at the end of the month. Please don’t quote me on the price though, I do not work for them.

I’m a drag racer so I needed the weight reduction. The boxed version only saves I think 15 lbs they said. If the price isn’t much more than the regular version and you are concerned with durability, I’d maybe go for the boxed version. BMR assured me that the regular version will be perfectly fine on the street and they are not worried at all.

SilverGT1

Established Member
Interested in the boxed version compared to MM. MM is stout and also offers alternate mounting points for the control arms to correct bumpsteer with the lowered car. Also interested to see if they will move the control arm forward like the MM does. Hope to see more specs on this soon.

Last edited:

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
Interested in the boxed version compared to MM. MM is stout and also offers alternate mounting points for the control arms to correct bumpsteer with the lowered car. Also interested to see if they will move the control arm forward like the MM does. Hope to see more specs on this soon.
I do not remember if there were multiple mounting points for the control arms, but I am pretty sure it was just one mounting location.

I can say for 100% that they do not move the wheels forward.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
BMR has the 96-04 'premium' k-member on their site now.

With spring perches 499.95 and w/o 429.95. Pretty much the same as the one they showed at PRI 2018 except they changed the rack mount and added more gussets.

Also an a-arm support brace for 69.95.

Free Shipping on all BMR Suspension packages!

That reminds me of the Steeda piece.Looks nice.

Albatross

Established Member
Just ordered the premium K member with spring seats. The tubular K looks really nice but the premium K looks solid as a rock! At $499 it's a great deal. I prefer a stiffer chassis over the weight savings. I spoke to BMR and they said that the premium K members should ship out in a couple weeks. Also told me that the tubular K members will in fact be going up in price soon. Very nice group of guys over there. I will post back as soon as it arrives. Can't wait to see this thing!

SilverGT1

Established Member
As near as I can tell from the BMR website they left the control arm pivot points in the stock location. Would have been a no brainer for me if they had designed in an additional pivot point higher up like the MM unit to help with bumpsteer.

jerlen28

Established Member
As near as I can tell from the BMR website they left the control arm pivot points in the stock location. Would have been a no brainer for me if they had designed in an additional pivot point higher up like the MM unit to help with bumpsteer.

The premium K has 2 arm mount locations.

If you look at the a-arm support brace pics you can see the tabs better with BMR control arms installed.

SilverGT1

Established Member
Very awesome. When I looked at the site before there were only two pictures. One of the red and one of the black unit. Nice to see the detailed pics. Any idea if the wheel location stays stock or moves forward?

Last edited:

SilverGT1

Established Member
Just noticed that the k-member brace (they call it an A-arm support brace) is not included so add $69.95. It shows nice clearance to headers but I cant tell if it would interfere with the larger Canton road race oil pan.

Albatross

Established Member
I spoke to BMR and asked if the lower control arm angles are improved on the premium K. They told me that there are two mounting points to optimize the angle as needed.

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
816BC56A-9298-4521-A28B-095A5E29AAEB.jpeg
2C10047E-0D4D-4E54-9582-305C218900F1.jpeg
E2FE4967-37B5-4274-8488-9B4F1FFF77E2.jpeg
546EED9A-151B-4F0F-87DF-3608FDA81FED.jpeg
27D77A47-9F2A-4E96-A8BF-B04FBA990233.jpeg
I got it installed today and it fits great! No issues at all with clearing my longtubes. I didn’t get to weigh it, but it actually felt a smidge lighter than the AJE that I removed.

The only things that I needed to purchase for this install was rack bushings (I needed new ones) and control arm bolts. I did not have my oem hardware that this was designed for and the hardware from the AJE would not work.

I’m going to try and attach a bunch of photos.

Users who are viewing this thread